The system holds an M4,Shotgun and handgun in your large vehicle:
Some issues I have with the product:
- It’s aluminum. Yea I know it’s to save weight, but that’s at the cost of having easy as butter to break into.
- The lock mechanism looks weak. Seriously, an L-bracket secured by two screws?
- It opens up only in the direction of the driver, creating a barrier to the passenger. I think i’d rather have it open forward, so the passenger could quickly get a gun too.
- The price. For $2400 I wish it at least came with an AR500 steel plate in the lid so that a person could take cover behind it if they got ambushed.
- It’s tied into your factory door locks. So does that maen if a thief smashes the window and hits the unlock button he can have all your firearms?
As far as my last gripe goes, I know it’s not meant to be a safe… but it very well could be one if it the product was done properly and at least provide the thief with some barriers to entry. Lastly it appears their target market for this product is law enforcement, not the regular guy. I don’t know how much of a problem law enforcement has with vehicle weapon theft, but i’m sure the issue is not that widespread considering how stupid someone would have to be to do that.
Check out the Console Bunker website for more information.
Hat tip: Chris