Larue Tactical Shakes What Their Mama Gave Them

Testing an AR-15 upper:

I don’t own anything by Larue Tactical (yet) but I’m told it’s really a notch or two above what you get from other manufacturers.  I don’t mind spending money if I’m going to get a better product, considering everyone and their grandma manufactures AR-15 receivers now.  Same goes for kydex holsters, everyone makes those now too I’m beginning to feel left out.

If you remember the A.R.M.S. vs Larue legal mess in 2009, this little “screw you” to A.R.M.S. was one of the reasons I fell in love with Larue Tactical in the first place.

dave w December 3, 2012 at 01:12 am

Coming soon the dave w inc kydex lower!
Optional custom fire selector markings:

Yeager / Park

Forrest December 3, 2012 at 01:20 am

I applaud them in their efforts to produce a better product. Larue is the first I have seen to go through such lengths to test their rifles.

This isn’t just your favorite redneck throwing his rifle in mud, this is science! Am I the only one that is bored by ‘reliability testing” on youtube?

PMain December 3, 2012 at 03:09 pm

Owning a LaRue upper & lower, somewhat of a feat in CA, I can attest to the quality. I’ve never had an issue & they have always responded to any query I’ve posed & always sent extras when I’ve requested replacement parts – I accidentally destroyed one screw for a scope mount & received more than a couple of replacement screws for free. The rifle itself has fired everything I’ve loaded into it, period.

To me it is money well spent if you are making your rifle a primary defensive gun

Pop N Fresh December 3, 2012 at 04:59 pm

Mark is a colorful guy to say the least, but his gear is rock solid and his events are always a pleasure to attend. They aren’t ashamed that they make good stuff

SittingDown December 3, 2012 at 06:15 pm

The Larue RISR is another of their great products if you like the Magpul CTR stock. Gives the AR an LMT SOPMOD stock feel without the bulk at the rear of the stock and works great for “high mounted” optics.

cc19 December 3, 2012 at 09:12 pm

With the few times I’ve ordered from them I’ve gotten nice bonuses like a ballcap, bottle openers, and even meat rub for grilling. Win.

Chris December 3, 2012 at 09:26 pm

I think Larue makes a great rifle. I want one, I need one. But I need instant gratification and a minimum 6 month wait is just too much for me.