Why Does Anyone Need An Assault Rifle?

Because we live in a world where scumbags kill innocent people:

Amen to that.

You think a guy with an AK is scared of your LCP?

hahahaha.

I’m really looking forward to the day (hopefully soon) where all this ban nonsense just fades into irrelevance as it rightfully should.  As it has been said a million times, the problem isn’t guns, it is crazy people.  Sure, A problem is crazy people WITH guns, BUT the way to fix it isn’t to screw up 10s of millions of people’s hobby, livelihood, source of protection etc… If that happens, it will just be a repeat of the last assault weapons ban which didn’t make anyone any safer.

AK-47-AR-15-M4gery-Assault-RifleMrColionNoir is wearing the ENDO Black Rifle Flag t-shirt.

29 COMMENTS - JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD YOUR OWN

TracerTong December 21, 2012 at 01:17 am

While I agree and understand his overall point, there does come a point of diminishing returns in terms of firepower.

When you’re talking about the distances involved in a home defense scenario or other realistic situations, the supposed superior firepower of an AR-15 or AK does not necessarily give you an advantage over a handgun. Rifle are rated for distances in the hundreds of yards, where as pistols are effective at far less than that. Since defensive shootings in the home don’t really go farther than 15 yards, a rifle and a handgun would be roughly considered equal. They both are effective at that range, and they both would produce adequate wound cavities to stop an assailant.

Moving from a handgun to a rifle will give you significant advantages in distance shooting, but in close quarters, it won’t give you that much more superior firepower.

AKFTW December 21, 2012 at 02:19 am

Professionals who specialize in close-quarters battle prefer rifles for a reason. Much more effective and easier to control, especially under stress.

Lazy Bike Commuter December 21, 2012 at 04:29 am

Let me refer you back to this video that was posted on this site:

The rifle is FAR more effective a tool for an engagement. The primary advantage of the handgun is it is easier (and more socially acceptable) to carry with you.

Also, rifles (at least .223 rifles) have less interior wall penetration since the rounds fragment much more easily–something that you do not want to have happen with handgun rounds due to the huge velocity difference.

So if all I can get to is a handgun, I will use that. If I can reach a shotgun or an AR, that is much better.

bull December 21, 2012 at 04:40 am

actually… i dont really believe you on this, drywall is like paper. look at this:

overkill556x45 December 21, 2012 at 06:17 am

My exterior walls are brick. My bedside gun is a rifle-length AR full of Winchester 45gr Frangible FMJ. But you are right– most houses aren’t sturdy enough to stop ANY centerfire round.

dave w December 21, 2012 at 09:56 am

everyone knows, grenades are the only thing suitable for room clearing. (assuming you know there’s no one you don’t want filled with holes)

John December 25, 2012 at 11:57 pm

box of truth is a box of bull shit go here.

Obi-Wan Kenobody December 21, 2012 at 05:20 am

Say what?

Let’s do the math: shoulder stock + RDS + WML + 30 rounds of correct ammo + practice corners = win.

What’s that saying? “A handgun is what you use to get to the rifle you should have had in the first place.”

lolinski December 23, 2012 at 03:22 pm

Pistols are weak, rifles are strong, nuff said.

I have seen xrays of people shot in the lungs and heart, and they still lived(it was .40 cal which reportedly is better in penetrating stuff than .45 or 9mm)

SittingDown December 21, 2012 at 01:46 am

This is brilliant. Well said!

bull December 21, 2012 at 04:34 am

well.. i dont agree. the big advantage of a rifle over a handgun in a home defense scenario is the stock. and the longer sight radius/ higher “pointability”. you will get much better result with a pistol caliber rifle than a pistol unless you are confined to silly small spaces. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSwbxOnMmRA in this situation you might prefer handguns :-P

Jeep December 21, 2012 at 04:42 am

Love this dude !

saintphillip December 21, 2012 at 06:13 am

Nobody has discussed shotguns here…I have heard many say that it would be better in a home defense situation. Which should I buy?

bima December 21, 2012 at 08:37 am

I’ve heard this so many times from so many people (the first time Inheard it, was from my shooting instructor)

the sound of the shotgun being cocked, has a good psycological effect. it gives you confidence and puts fear upon the asailant. but the primary home defense weapon should be a handgun. if you both have a shotgun and a handgun, go for the handgun 1st then the shotgun afterwards.

Jim P. December 21, 2012 at 08:08 am

Mr. Colion Noir got it in one

Spud December 21, 2012 at 10:07 am

AK shirt. Go. :)

Mike December 21, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Its not going to fade… THE FIX IS IN!

They said that he killed the kids with a long rifle YET the ‘assault rifle’ was in the trunk of the car he drove. They said they want to ban hi-capacity ‘clips’ (MAGAZINES!!) yet the shooter DIDNT USE THOSE! They say hollow-points are the most dangerous bullets available… >FACEPALM!<

GET READY FOR THE ASSUALT RIFLE BAN! IT IS COMING JUST AS SURE AS OBAMA WAS RELECTED BY THE PEOPLE!

liquidflorian December 21, 2012 at 05:01 pm

No bullshit, he didn’t use the AR15?!

dave w December 21, 2012 at 05:07 pm

There are a couple of news outlets that say that.

liquidflorian December 21, 2012 at 05:32 pm

I can see why it’s only a couple. That blows The Narrative out of the water right there.

dave w December 21, 2012 at 05:39 pm

Well, with the quality of the reporting, it might not have been a rifle, it might not have been the right car, it might not have been the same state. I saw a badly edited clip on you tube and all i saw was a shotgun

dave w December 21, 2012 at 05:45 pm
dave w December 21, 2012 at 05:57 pm

then from here http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57559261/connecticut-elementary-school-massacre-18-children-among-27-dead/
you have this
At least three guns were found — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols, inside the school, and a .223-caliber rifle in the back of a car, authorities said. A law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity said some of the guns used in the attack may have belonged to Lanza’s family. His mother had legally registered four weapons, his father two.

Wolf December 21, 2012 at 02:55 pm

AK Shirt, before ban.

Nakedgun December 21, 2012 at 04:34 pm

I’m gonna finally subscribe to Mr. Colions’ channel; He’s honest, intelligent, and to the point. I hope to talk guns over beers one of these days…
Personally, I have a simple 5-shot .38 with me or in my backpack next to the sofa (including two extra speedy-loaders). In the bedroom, my old retired P-13 lies in a locked case under the bed, not too far away from the shotgun in the closet (with a trigger-lock)…
The rest of it is in the big safe in the garage…

*Mike- That’s the first I’ve heard about Eff-tards AR-15 being left in the trunk; is that accurate? ALL media has been playing-up the idea that he executed everybody with two shots from the rifle…

PhoenixNFA December 21, 2012 at 05:06 pm

SBR + red dot+ Good rifle suppressor+ 30rd magazine loaded with m193 = best all around home defense and anything out to 200yds gun. if you are a better shot you can stretch that out farther. if you are a bad shot limit it to 50yds without magnification.

a handgun that is lower pressure without a suppressor is best for the home. i believe 9mm is a great handgun round, i carry a 9mm..but in a house…glock 21. enclosed spaces suck unless you have a suppressor.

John December 26, 2012 at 12:12 am

No, m193 round in a SBR is too damn light, you want to use Mk262 round in a SBR AR-15 that uses the awful round called the 5.56

Church December 22, 2012 at 02:46 pm

I don’t know if he has ever voiced an oppinion that I don’t agree with. I love his videos.

Anon December 27, 2012 at 10:23 pm

I was once asked by an anti-gunner why I felt it was necessary to have an “military type” rifle for home defense. In essence: why did I need a 30 round magazine to stop a burgler? I rendered the poor anti speechless with one rhetorical question. “How many lynchings do you think would have happened, if every time a group of men in white sheet set fire to a cross on some black man’s yard. That black man opened his front door pointing a fully loaded AR-15 at the mob?” I don’t own an AR to defend me from a guy who wants to steal my TV. I own an AR to defend me from a mob outside my house chanting “death to the Jews.”