Assault Rifle V.S. Sporting Rifle

Sturmgewehre breaks it down:

Assault-Rifle-Because-I-Am-BlackYea… exactly.  Watching this video should be required for anyone parroting gun control catch phrases they know nothing about.

DougE January 1, 2013 at 06:01 am

Finally, someone goes into both proposed bans without getting into gun jargon! I’ve been looking for a simple vid to post on facebook. This is it. He simply describes in plain English both types of equipment and both types of bans.

Jim P. January 1, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Well I forwarded it to my Republican senator. I’m not even going to bother with my Democratic asshole senator. It would be a waste of time.

Jon Hutto January 1, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Airsoft guns are next, then knifes, then bows, then .. what? cars? bats? hands?

phil o sophy January 1, 2013 at 03:05 pm

Everything Else Control already exists on state and local levels. Rocks? Most municipalities have missile laws that can include snow balls. Can’t carry knives of a useful size in a lot of places. Razor blades? Better have a shave kit with it. Forget about bats because there are laws about clubs, black jacks, full sized batons.

Read the SciFi short story With Folded Hands if you want to see where we are headed.

Art January 1, 2013 at 01:21 pm

Very useful vid for educating those actually seeking knowledge.
Not so much for disarmament propagandists that know “Ignorance is Strength”

SiGraybeard January 1, 2013 at 02:30 pm

I am so stealing that “It’s Because I’m Black – Isn’t It” graphic.

dave w January 1, 2013 at 05:13 pm

If you would just put walnut furniture on your guns this problem would go away

SittingDown January 1, 2013 at 11:33 pm

A friend of mine bought rolls of “wood grain tape” and taped it all over his FALs.

Cliff January 2, 2013 at 11:42 am

They like calling the AR-15 an ‘Assault’ rifle because it sounds more evil/scary to the fearful masses who want to see that it has no other purpose other than murdering people. Same reason why Amazon wouldnt ship the ColdSteel Recon1 I ordered to NYC. I called to complain and was told by Amazon that since it had the word ‘tactical’ in the description that it was an assault weapon and no sale to NYC would be made. Amazon, however, had no issue shipping my KA-BAR tanto (a much more efficient killing weapon that was made for that purpose) because it had the word ‘sporting/outdoors’ in the description despite it being a fighting knife with 8″ blade as compared to the Recon1’s 4″ utility blade. Both of these knives are restricted in NYC I believe, but it seems that the issue is to just make whatever SOUNDS scarier illegal/restricted/banned… “let’s not sell the glorified boxcutter because it’s description sounds scarier than the actual knife used by Marines to kill people..”

Jim P. January 2, 2013 at 09:09 pm

I imagine that Amazon would have a conniption ofshiiping this knife to New York. :-D

I have one that I wear on the offside when I’m carrying. It is a nice, easy, last-ditch if needed.