Rapper And Convicted Felon T.I. On Gun Control

This actually goes down differently than I expected:

The gun control talk starts at 2:22.  This is a textbook example though for two things… one if you’re famous you can get away (or off very light) with pretty much anything (see the details of his arrest NFA Items FTW!  Sentence: 1 year  haha and it wasn’t his first tango with the law…. what a joke), and secondly that criminals do not care what the law is and they are going to do what they want.

Assault-Rifle-Because-I-Am-BlackIf he wasn’t a felon, he’d make a decent spokesperson hahah.  “If the illegals have them, I think the legals MUST have them.”

4:52 – “I know how they play, cause I was playin with em” – T.I. on criminals with guns, and why we should be able to have “assault weapons”.

6:03 – Calling for making it more difficult for non criminals to get guns?  Huh… but you just said…

Rapper-TIJail talk starts up late into 6 minutes, and the whole time I was thinking “yea, as if you were in general population hahah… don’t even front.”… well he does claim at 7:45 he was in general population… so who knows.  I find it hard to believe they would put a 5’8″ loudmouth celebrity with millions of dollars and lots of enemies there, but I don’t know much about prison.

Hat tip: Keith

Sivl32 (elvis) February 8, 2013 at 01:13 am

u can get guns at target??? ignorance

PhoenixNFA February 8, 2013 at 01:44 am

TI was JO’d by his woman in a jail visitation room with one of his kids on his lap to hide it from the jailers.

PhoenixNFA February 8, 2013 at 01:44 am

im not sure id listen to anything he said anymore.

jake February 8, 2013 at 02:37 am

wait, what? source?

PhoenixNFA February 8, 2013 at 09:52 am

Acquaintance of mine was in the same prison as him. (Forrest city?) saw it happen in the visitation room. I’ll find it later and post it.

Josh February 8, 2013 at 09:17 am

Was he speaking English?

dave w February 8, 2013 at 09:28 am

if there was a 10 question written test to get a gun he would still be out of luck.

Mike S February 8, 2013 at 09:42 am

“I find it hard to believe they would put a 5’8″ loudmouth celebrity with millions of dollars and lots of enemies there, but I don’t know much about prison.”

Deputy sheriff here, I’ve had more than a few big name rappers in custody at my county jail (one of the biggest in the country). I’ve taken the time to swing by and talk to all of them and they all tell me the same thing: being in the “mainline” gives them credibility, several of them had that credibility and instant respect anyway because they come from neighborhoods that are thick with inmate representation at the jail. The rappers from anothe cities pay a protection fee to the black gang running that unit and they do pre-sentence/sentenced time without any problems.

Keith February 8, 2013 at 10:03 am

Hat tip: Keith

ENDO-Mike February 8, 2013 at 05:03 pm

Thanks, fixed it. I had it bookmarked after you sent it to me, and forgot where it came from.

Chris February 8, 2013 at 11:36 am

Yup, G.P. at Cobb County Jail. Source: I am a Sheriffs Deputy that worked at the jail when T.I. was incarcerated. I was surprised at first, well, when I found out who he was. The jail I’m at now, when the news talks about restricting guns, the inmates say they, “don’t give a f@*%.”

Steve D. February 14, 2013 at 04:59 pm

What a fucking joke our legal system is. A 366 day sentence for buying three unregistered sub-machine-guns and two unregistered suppressors. If he was John Smith with a wife and two kids, he would be locked up for 15 years or more.

People have served more time for guns that malfunctioned and accidentally fired more than one round at a time.

Disgusting!

“All pigs are equal, but some are more equal than others!” – George Orwell’s Animal Farm