Chicago Criminals Get A Free Pass On Committing Certain Crimes

Basically that’s what is going down there now:

Under the new policy, dispatchers will route 911 calls reporting non-criminal complaints or crimes in which no one is in imminent danger, such as some car thefts and simple assaults, to desk officers who will fill out police reports by phone. The new policy prohibits callers from insisting an officer be sent to the scene, as was allowed before.

Full Story – Wall Street Journal

Gun-Control-ChicagoHmmmm Chicago, a place where “gun control” thrives, yet this is all being done in the name of keeping homicides down.  Oh the irony!  Maybe if they empowered non-criminals that live there, as many resources wouldn’t have to be wasted.  I rather more clean-up crew jobs be created to hose criminal blood off walkways and pick up the bodies.

Hat tip: Brandon

Kommando February 11, 2013 at 02:29 am

Someone is stealing my car…and he has a gun.
Someone is robbing me…and he has a gun.
Someone is burgling my garage…and he has a gun.
Someone is vandalising…and he has a gun.
Someone is commiting check fraud…and he has a gun.
Someone is making lewd phonecalls…and he has a gun.

Problem solved, cops show up every time. When they arrest them and find no gun :
‘Sorry officer I was mistaken, I thought he was armed’
What are they going to do? Arrest you for getting it wrong?

matt February 11, 2013 at 06:34 am

Yes they will, in IL lying to a cop is called Obstruction of Justice and is a felony.

Kommando February 11, 2013 at 09:24 pm

ok, simple enough change ‘and he has a gun’ to ‘I believe he’s armed’.

John February 12, 2013 at 05:17 am

Well how you there lying?

Middle-aged Hippy Liberal Douche February 11, 2013 at 02:59 am

They aren’t robbing you, they are just impoverished youths trying to convince you to make a donation to their cause.

Stop being ignorant and turn in your babby killing heat seeking shoulder thing that goes up rifle.

Angry Bostonian February 11, 2013 at 03:23 am

Hahahaha this reminds me of when some guy pulled out a gun on the train I was on last year. After he got off and then got on a bus, I called 911 to tell them which bus he was on. The 911 dispatcher transferred me to a transit desk cop who just took down the info and filed a report. Fuckin ridiculous

matt February 11, 2013 at 06:30 am

Those desk officers are completely fucking useless. I was driving someone elses car and was rear ended by a car full of mexicans. Of course they didnt have insurance, and since I didnt have my cell phone on me, and there wasnt any damage to the car, I didnt bother to call the cops and didnt think it was a big deal. When I told the owner they insisted I file a police report ‘just in case’, so I went down to the district 24 station, and told the fat ass cop at the front desk. Those useless fucks wrote down “UNKNOWN” in the license plate section of the report because I didnt bother to write down the make/model of the car, I only had their plate number. It was a dark grey early 90s japanese 4 door. How hard would it have been for them to run the plate? Why did those lazy fucks write down unknown in the report?

matt February 11, 2013 at 06:46 am

They wont respond to calls, but you damn well know they are out in force writing tickets.

A February 11, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Welcome to Chicago. Where you can run through down town, waving your junk in old ladies faces while stealing their purses, and get away scott free. But god forbid you drive a pick-up on Lakeshore Drive, they will nail you with that $200 fine.

Kevin February 11, 2013 at 07:05 am

The people who run this country are progressively getting more retarded

Simon February 11, 2013 at 07:22 am

Just another reason to be able to conceal carry, if the police don’t show up you are going to have to defend yourself.

Andy from CT February 11, 2013 at 07:57 am

I guess they shouldn’t have to respond to murder crime scenes? After all the person is dead and the murderer is gone. No imminent threat. No need for the cops to show.

Unreal.

dave w February 11, 2013 at 09:50 am

They are just part of the Obama wealth redistribution teams going about their lawful business, why you calling the cops on them?

Fake Chris February 11, 2013 at 11:49 am

The sad thing is they probably literally do get a pass.

If the field officers are out investigating ‘real’ crimes, then unless someone commits too many crimes in a small area and attracts an investigator’s attention, these reports will likely be filed and ignored. I’d love to see some stats on how many filed reports lead to closed cases, but I doubt they’d publish it without obscuring it behind a bunch of other stuff.

A friend of mine used to live in Chicago (admittedly not in the super nice area). He said it was common practice for Chicago residents to carry two wallets- one with the cash and discount cards, the other with the drivers license and credit cards. That way when (not if) you get mugged you don’t have to go through the hassle of getting a new license etc.

And let’s not forget that former King Daley demolished a useful and well-loved airport in order to build a park named after his wife. Airport tenants were fighting him in court so he had the runway bulldozed at 3am, stranding several aircraft at the airport (they later got special clearance to take off using the taxiway). From what I’ve heard, not many people use the park, and the city doesn’t have the money to police the whole thing so a lot of homeless people live there… great trade.

Bert February 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm

As a Chicagoan, F this place. You know something is wrong when small-town Iowa seems like the promised land. XD

Tyler February 11, 2013 at 12:50 pm

The Ingham Country Sheriff’s dept. in Michigan already does this. If there is no imminent danger they tell you to file a report online. My Dad was lucky nothing of any value was stolen when his car was broken into.

James Patrick February 11, 2013 at 01:48 pm

Next they’ll be doing murder investigations via phone.

Fake Chris February 12, 2013 at 06:09 am

I can just see it

Police: Sir we have reports that you and the victim were in several arguments last week. Did you kill Ms. Jones on the 17th?

Paco Gangbanger: Nope

Police: Okay you have a good day sir Click. Next case! I think we have a Code 12-99!

032125 February 11, 2013 at 02:42 pm

“Predictably, if one can only appeal to the state for justice, justice will be perverted in favor of the state. Instead of resolving conflict, a monopolist of ultimate decision-making will provoke conflict in order to settle it to his own advantage. Worse, while the quality of justice will fall under monopolistic auspices, its price will rise. Motivated like everyone else by self-interest but equipped with the power to tax, the state agents’ goal is always the same: to maximize income and minimize productive effort.” – Hans Hoppe

Hoppe wins again.

Church February 11, 2013 at 05:27 pm

Well apparently if you call the cops after being robbed you get beat the fuck up. Blake Robles would have had a better day if no cops came to his house after a robbery.

dave w February 11, 2013 at 06:56 pm

the only reason to call the police is to get an incident number for your insurance claim. They wont do anything, find your stuff, or catch those who did it anyway.

Crunkleross February 13, 2013 at 03:49 pm

Communities get the level of law enforcement they demand, some communities don’t want the police in their bidness.

Anthracis February 13, 2013 at 09:26 pm

Am I the only guy that thinks that blonde anchor is hot as all fuck! The things I would do to her in Chicago! Mmmmm!!!