NRA Stand And Fight – We Are America

The NRA with a new video from their Stand And Fight campaign:

Powerful use of music and text after effects.  I really like the message in this one even though from what I’ve seen the true meaning of the “Stand And Fight” has been vague so far.  Are we talking political fighting, or Buck Yeager style fighting?  Maybe they want to keep it vague on purpose?

NRA-We-Are-AmericaYou can check out the rest of the videos over at the Stand And Fight website.

Thoughts?  Do you like the direction they are taking these videos?

MatthewJames February 21, 2013 at 01:59 am

music and video was too dramatic for me to pay attention to the narrator. yawn. back to the drarwing board, fellas.

Crunkleross February 21, 2013 at 06:21 am

Can the NRA do anything right according to some gun owners?

Heath February 21, 2013 at 08:20 am

They’re taking a stance and trying to do something while most people just complain.

jpcmt February 21, 2013 at 08:36 am

So far they’ve produced 3 videos, 2 “ooga-booga” fearmongering videos, and this drama queen video. All the rounding up, hounding existing members to renew their memberships at least once a week, and everyone in the gun industry ordering people to throw money at them as if they’re it. 3 videos. As we see in elections every cycle, the scary videos usually backfire and do nothing to effect change. However, in just a week or two, with having a couple manufacturers make a stand, and over the last couple months various sheriffs making sort of a stand, THAT’S what makes differences…and it was free.

Bruce wiley February 21, 2013 at 10:01 am

While we’re making a stand here how about drilling for our own dam oil thats what we should be talking about with $4.00 a gallon gas and the way there cutting back on military funding every house hold in the country should own a gun or 2

sapper911 February 21, 2013 at 10:38 am

Where do we stand? Who do we fight? And when does it start?

James P February 21, 2013 at 03:04 pm

These commercials are just too cliche for my taste, but you have to remember that the target audience is the same audience that is persuaded by the “Demand a Plan” campaign.

Also the NRA is fucking annoying. I’ve gotten four or five emails a week from them since I joined(unsubscribing each time). And I keep getting shit in the mail asking for more money. Even the letter thanking me for my membership was a form asking for money. They’re pigeons just like the other side.

Vhyrus February 21, 2013 at 09:36 pm

I was a member many years ago and pulled out after 1 year for the exact same reasons. They asked for money every 2 goddamn weeks. Not to mention their magazine is drier than stale toast.

James P February 22, 2013 at 01:34 pm

I’m glad that I was skeptical and only paid for one year. How do they even turn a profit after paying for all this postage?

Anyway if I feel like supporting them in the future, I’ll just donate. Anonymously.

Vhyrus February 21, 2013 at 09:41 pm

My only complaint about this video is that I did not see a single minority in the whole thing. The guy at :41 COULD have been black but it was too backlit to tell. The only people shooting were white blonde haired blue eyed people. You would think an organization already labelled as racist by some would have put a little more diversity into their videos.

You can flame me all you want about this but shit like this is what the bradys and gun grabbers look for to support their position.

Lana February 21, 2013 at 11:22 pm

True, but to be clear they did show a lot of women, which is a step in the right direction. I’d still like to see them showing more of the racial diversity in our ranks as well.

Crunkleross February 22, 2013 at 09:51 am

So the NRA should form their campaign based on pleasing the Brady Bunch? If there was a single minority in the video complainers would say they have a “token” and an “uncle tom”. I’m not flaming you but a goal of trying not to give the other side anything to complain about won’t get us anywhere IMO. The anti’s in alliance with the current administration are openly campaigning against the NRA like never before, we don’t need more friendly fire.

Vhyrus February 22, 2013 at 04:16 pm

I like how you think being more racially diverse is selling out somehow, like there aren’t any blacks or hispanics that belong in the NRA videos.

kosherbacon February 21, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I can’t get five seconds without BUFFERING BUFFERING BUFFERING.

TigerStripe February 24, 2013 at 08:30 pm

I bet NRA membership would double if they stopped the constant junk mail. I’ve been rethinking renewing just to add one to their membership rolls…

TS