Operator Capades

Behold:

When Chris Costa isn’t catching major air jumping sharks, he’s apparently involved in synchronized land dancing with other tactical operators.

Chris-Costa-Chanel-ParodyOne could have cut the bro love on that range with a knife.  Even though I believe the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie “Junior” COULD actually happen, I’m pretty sure most of the time guys can’t get pregnant.  That said, I was told that Costa Junior’d one or two guys that day, just from them being in his vicinity.

Thoughts? Do you operate like this in your own operations? If not, do you aspire to?

22 COMMENTS - JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD ANOTHER

Stephen February 22, 2013 at 03:23 am

WOW you guys at ENDO really hate Costa huh.

ENDO-Mike February 22, 2013 at 03:26 am

No, not at all. He does things occasionally I like to make fun of though!

PJ February 22, 2013 at 01:04 pm

All in all I’d say I like Chris Costa. I thoroughly enjoyed Magpul’s Art of the Dynamic Handgun and think he’s a good instructor. But he’s had some moments that show he’s a little . . . eccentric.

My personal favorite example is this: http://www.costaludusgear.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=&product_id=73

elephantrider February 23, 2013 at 03:08 am

I liked the Magpul Dynamics Art of the Handgun, until I started seeing better, more condensed instruction from other sources. Same goes for the rest of the Magpul Dynamics Art of series. In retrospect those videos are too long for the amount of instruction that is actually in them. There is also a lot of useless filler sequences that are included just for looks and cool trailer material.

Between the two former main Magpul intructors, Chris and Travis, I find myself gravitating towards what Travis is espousing these days rather than Chris. I really liked Travis’ Panteo Adaptive Carbine, Handgun, and Kalash videos. They were clear, concise, and very informative. Plus there is the Haley Strategic Youtube channel. All I see coming from the Costa camp is his latest product promotional tie-ins, over-priced gimicky guns and gear, and of course, dolls made in his likeness.

PJ February 24, 2013 at 05:35 pm

I agree that there’s a lot of filler but I got a deal on it from a local shop and it is good instruction, even if a huge chunk of it is a commercial for the M&P and Surefire. You have to admit Magpul raised the bar with the production value in the videos.

I also completely agree about Chris and Travis these days. The only thing for I’ve seen for sale with Travis’s name on it is that AR from BCG and it’s just a functional AR, not some super limited edition rifle.

I was just agreeing with Mike that I doubt most of us on ENDO hate Costa, we just laugh at some of the silly stuff he does these days.

Regulus February 22, 2013 at 06:23 am

I like that hoodie he is wearing. anyone know what it is?

J man February 22, 2013 at 07:49 am

Naga, what else would he wear.

PJ February 22, 2013 at 01:12 pm

Looks like the Arc’teryx Naga

He used to wear their Hyllus. Or at least that’s what I assume since that’s what the Costa Action Figure came with.

JRKey February 22, 2013 at 06:46 am

Dang…..I’ll never get to do that stuff. Apparently you have to have a beard to be involved.

That Guy February 22, 2013 at 07:40 am

Mr Costa- One little thing… UP IS NOT A SAFE DIRECTION. Please stop pointing your handgun over the top of the berm.

dave w February 22, 2013 at 08:27 am

oh, and DOWN is? I am tired of your anti Australian rhetoric.

Crunkleross February 22, 2013 at 09:05 am

Tactical operator line dancing not to be confused with the Harlem Shuffle.

StarvinPilgrim February 22, 2013 at 09:17 am

I believe this one was the Electric Slide drill. Only the top few of the tier one operators can complete it.

Chris February 22, 2013 at 09:57 am

What was that a Glock I saw malfunctioning? That doesn’t happen!

JD February 22, 2013 at 03:40 pm

If I didn’t know better, I’d say Chris limp wristed it. But yeah right.

ZBalentine February 22, 2013 at 10:53 am

This is quite possibly the most homo-erotic thing I’ve seen in the past ten minutes.

Andy February 22, 2013 at 02:09 pm

Man, there’s something about that ‘Hollywood’ guy that makes all Glocks in some radius around him work worse. It’s a kind of aura.

Remember the whiz-bang stuff he was doing with tactical centerfold Michael Barnes?

AK™ February 22, 2013 at 04:41 pm

I would like to see CC use a wheelgun. .44MAG or .500SW.
Sure most anyone can fast shoot a Glock..but what about a wheelgun?

Matt February 23, 2013 at 08:54 am

Jerry Miculek can : )

Jim P. February 22, 2013 at 09:52 pm

My problem is that none of this training consists of putting rounds down range and then going for cover (or at least concealment).

In real life, if you are firing at a target, there is a good chance the target is firing back. Let’s stand in the middle of a field and trade fire. Where if you have an engine block between you and your adversary, you have a slightly better chance of surviving.

Jay N February 24, 2013 at 11:17 am

Your problem is that you want combat training. Most of these training companies teach you how to run your gun efficiently. The “line dancing” drill lets you work your gun in a timely manner. It’s not about moving left, right, front,and back to avoid or acquire your target. There are many companies that do teach you combat tactics though. VTAC is a great one

SittingDown February 24, 2013 at 12:52 am