Habitual Line-Steppers Beware The NRA

Paul Barrett, author of Glock: The Rise Of America’s Gun talks to MSNBC:

Glock-Rise-Of-Americas-Gun-Book

You can read Paul’s article Why Gunmakers Fear The NRA in ack! “Bloomberg” business week.

Hat tip: Les

A March 15, 2013 at 05:39 am

You know the “Lets all hate on the NRA” crew has jumped the shark when they try to make you feel sympathy for Smith and Wesson for siding with the Clinton administration.

I thought we were supposed to hate big corporations tha profit off the death an destruction of others? Now I have to feel bad for them because the grass roots organization – that 15 min ago I was being told is just a front for the “death dealers” – organized a boycott against them? Now I am all confused. Why am I supposed to hate the NRA again?

PhoenixNFA March 15, 2013 at 09:02 am

86 and 94. No new machine guns and no assault weapons? That’s 8 years of dark times.

Roadkill March 15, 2013 at 08:02 am

As I recall, Smith & Wesson’s compliance was extracted via extortionistic threats from Clinton’s Justice Department. They suffered for it as a company and when new owners bought it, they threw out that BS. And the NRA is the bad guy.

dave w March 15, 2013 at 09:50 am

Its funny as we must all hate the evil rich NRA, which is actually made up by folks who pay $25 or whatever a year to do its thing.
But we should like bloomberg lps doings? one rich guy paying for research he wants and publishes in his own media?
Arent all the obama hippies supposed to be against 1%ers?

Triggernoob March 15, 2013 at 10:23 am

I just finished this book a few weeks ago. It’s a good read and history of Glock. Kinda details some of dirty under-the-covers stuff that I never knew about Glock and his empire.

Frank March 15, 2013 at 07:39 pm

+10
And I got the book from ENDO-Mike “What-what?!”

A year or so later I bought a Glock. Haha.

ENDO-Mike March 16, 2013 at 12:22 am

haha nice!

Wolf March 15, 2013 at 10:47 am

Wow

atm March 15, 2013 at 10:49 am

Looks like Michael Bane made the right decision in not endorsing Mr. Barrett’s book. He is not the gunowner’s friend he presented himself as when promoting his book.

atm March 15, 2013 at 11:03 am

They seem to forget that the NRA represents 5,000,000 American citizens. Its those members who wanted S&W punished when they stabbed us in the back. They act like the NRA controls its members – they have it backwards.

50certs March 15, 2013 at 04:58 pm

So we should be concerned because a lobby is actually representing its constituents not just big corporations? Or are they just using the same fear mongering tactics they accuse the NRA of using?

Roughshod March 15, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Yeah, I love the big push in media right now to pretend that the NRA is somehow bamboozling all of it’s members into not supporting “reasonable” gun control. Poor me, being taken advantage of by the big bad NRA.

TigerStripe March 16, 2013 at 12:24 am

The NRA is doing such a fantastic job in scaring Smith & Wesson, Glock and Sig into not selling or servicing guns to LE in gun unfriendly states…

TS

Jim P. March 17, 2013 at 08:11 pm

When the HCI/Brady Campaign/MAIG can boast they have more than a 100K+ dues paying members then I might consider them a valid opinion.

I was at the 2013 Buckeye Bash on Saturday Night. The dinner sold out with over 400 attendees a week beforehand.

The BFA sponsored a tactical training course for teachers this weekend. The initial proposal for the pilot class was 24 students. The initial response was over 1,400 applications from school teachers and staff.

They trained over 400 school staff this weekend at various facilities around the Columbus area. They also had a day of psychological prep training from Lt. Col. Grossman who made room in his schedule for this.

So when you can get that kind real, valid, response from the anti-gunners with factual evidence, look me up. Until then he can go fuck off.