World War Z – Trailer #2

The 2nd trailer for the quick-zombie movie World War Z:

Despite the confusing Chanel No. 5 ad he did (for without a doubt boat loads of cash) Brad Pitt is still on the top of my list of awesome Hollywood actors.  The guy is vocal about his support for firearms, and he built his wife Angelina Jolie a $400,000 shooting range as a wedding present.  Top that…

World-War-ZThe release date for World War Z is June 21st.  I am told the original Max Brooks book which the movie is based on is worth reading (the Amazon reviews back that up), so you might want to check it out.

If you missed the first trailer you can check it out here.

Todd S March 28, 2013 at 12:11 am

The book is great. It may be the book that started the “zombie apocalypse 2.0” movement. I doubt that the movie will follow the book, but I hope it’s just a good zombie movie.

J- March 28, 2013 at 10:58 pm

What made World War Z great was that it was different than any other zombie fiction out there. It approached a zombie apocalypse with intellect. How would people react? What would national and international policy be? What would people do to survive? Very little of it was about running away from zombies. The documentary style of it was intriguing.

This movie turned World War Z into another CGI filled Dawn of the Dead remake.

Matt in FL March 29, 2013 at 07:45 am

My absolute favorite part was the chapter on the British Isles. It was all good, but the two paragraphs about the Queen and royal family were my favorites (among many) in that book.

J- March 29, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I loved the way Brooks talked about the Israeli response. 100% pure pragmatism. I caught that Israel will play a role in this movie from the uniforms.

M March 28, 2013 at 11:05 pm

The movie will be NOTHING like the book. After Max Brooks sold him the rights to make a movie, Brad Pitt tossed the book out the window saying that it would be way too expensive to shoot. A crying shame too.

READ THE BOOK! If you’re too lazy/busy/etc. to read it then get the audio book. It is WELL worth your time.

Phoenixnfa March 28, 2013 at 12:58 am

Great trailer. I can’t wait to see it. Haven’t read the book, but its the next one on my list to read.

Day by day Armageddon is a book that should be turned into a movie.

arron March 28, 2013 at 01:05 am

I’ll defiantly see it because its a zombie movie but I don’t like fast zombies. I think death would make you slower not faster, now if its a plague that doesn’t kill the host then yeah they can be fast but if your dead then reanimated your slow, just my thoughts.

Zed March 28, 2013 at 01:33 am

No slow Zombies, no battle of Yonkers, no bueno.

Linoge March 28, 2013 at 06:06 am

The only reason I am looking forward to this movie is because it looks nothing like the book…

Ole'Wolf March 28, 2013 at 06:17 am

Bingo! Just from the trailers they turned the book into a regular, run-of-the mill Zombie flick. READ THE BOOK folks, the author came up with some very, very different views, ideas, and story lines. I initially resisted seeing the movie (I HATE movies that screw up good books – think Starship Troopers, the Patriot, Running Man, etc, etc.) but after seeing a hoard of “Zs” moving like a flood and pushing over a bus…now I gotta see it just for the effects & CGI.

ROB March 28, 2013 at 01:07 pm

I always get the shakes before a drop! —- damn that needs to be remade!!

HSR47 April 4, 2013 at 11:43 pm

The third one finally introduced powered armor….

Regulus March 28, 2013 at 07:10 am

i’m burnt out on the whole zombie thing

ROB March 28, 2013 at 01:06 pm

Yea this is just going too far. The studios will undoubtedly make millions on this since the proletariat love this drivel, which will only propel an additional wave of zombie bullshit. Hopefully the gun industry will not fire up their factories into zombie mode again. Anybody on here admit to buying zombie branded shooting gear?? Give me some more Game of Thrones King Jeoffrey targets instead. There is a series that gives respect to the literary work.

dave w March 28, 2013 at 08:01 am

The book royally sucked actually. It was even worse to read than the survival guide. Heres to hoping the movie is nothing like it.

Kevin March 28, 2013 at 08:20 am

This looks really cool, I like Brad Pitt as an actor a lot; those who complain about the book bullshit need to shut up.

sancto March 28, 2013 at 09:56 am

I tried to read the book. Incredibly boring. The movie looks pretty good though.

JohnDR March 28, 2013 at 10:19 am

I read the book WWZ and it Sux. cap intended.

I generally dont like Zombie stuff at alf, but the class of the field By Far is Adrians Undead Diary. Free online.

Josh March 28, 2013 at 10:38 am

I hate fast zombies…If they’re “dead” then why would they be fast?
If they are “infected” they still shouldn’t be significantly faster/stronger than regular people. (Which these zombies clearly are.)
Also these zombies appear to be operating on a “hive mind”…WTF??

I’ll see this eventually, but I will NOT see it in the theater.

Matt in FL March 28, 2013 at 11:59 am

I loved the book. The movie won’t follow it because while the book had a narrative, it was underlying; the book itself was a series of short vignettes. It had no “lead,” no “star.” There was no “Brad Pitt” character in the book. The “fast zombies” completely oppose the book, and even oppose Max Brooks’ own words on the subject: “The slow zombies are a wonderful metaphor for the anxiety of human mortality… and fast zombies are gay.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1o-9EWGbjQ

This will simply be a zombie movie (perhaps a good one) that shares a name with the book.

Aielo J March 28, 2013 at 04:15 pm

I’m a fan of the Walking Dead comic book and regularly watch the show because I like seeing what direction they take the story and characters in. However, I tried to give World War Z a read through and just couldn’t get through the first few pages, that shiz was horrible.

M March 28, 2013 at 11:09 pm

skip to the next chapter. The Intro by the Chinese doctor is just there to give background and tell how the plague started, not really essential. Each chapter is a completely different character with a new perspective.

The audio book is great because it has different voices for each chapter.

Zwerg March 28, 2013 at 08:22 pm

I’ll see it since it had Brad Pitt is in it. He is one of the few actors with an actual mind and some sense. Now Kick Ass 2, that’s a movie that should be avoided and only torrented if you must see it due to that ass talking failure called jim carrey.

SittingDown March 28, 2013 at 11:18 pm

The book sucks. If George Carlin read it, he’d say “The people are fine, the BOOK is fucked.” Brad Pitt made the right choice in tossing the shitty book out the window.

Ken Smith March 29, 2013 at 09:31 pm

Looks like 12 Monkeys II. In this time line Pitt is the hero and the virus made zombies. Wonder if Bruce Willis will make a cameo?

Cuban Pete March 31, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Hollywood crapping on a good novel. I can’t believe that Mel Brook’s boy sold out like a cheap 42nd street crack whore.

Ryan April 14, 2013 at 11:32 pm

People who are saying the book sucked are clueless losers who probably think Tom Clancy books are well written. The book is well done ad filled with great subtle commentary on modern society and the anxieties of mankind. If its too booooring for you then maybe you should turn 15 already.