Shooting The SPAS-12 Of Jurassic Park Fame

Richard Ryan puts in work.  Explosives and raptors:

The semi / pump capability of the SPAS-12 is really cool.  As usual, I’ll say the obligatory “dat slo-mo” *bottom lip bite*.  Wow!

Makes me want to re-watch Jurassic Park, that’s for sure.

California No Right To Bear Arms T-ShirtRatedRR-Richard-RyanRichard is wearing the California No Right To Bear Arms t-shirt, and the M16 Selector switch t-shirt in the video… both of course from ENDO.  Pick yours up today!

Matt in FL April 5, 2013 at 07:14 am

That’s some amazing slo-mo. I want to go out and throw Tannerite in the air now. I don’t think I’ll be as cool as him, though.

RichardRyan April 5, 2013 at 11:01 am

Matt! Be safe. Technically, shooting that close can cause some damage if you do it wrong. I don’t advise shooting the targets at an unsafe range but they were in a plastic bag with tape on it. The expansion of the gases incinerates the plastic bag and I don’t have to worry about shrapnel. Almost all the binary target companies come with plastic containers. DON’T SHOOT THEM THAT CLOSE! That might go without saying but I’d rather people know 100% how I did something than try the wrong way and get hurt. Leading a target in a plastic container that high up could be a quick way to get a piece of plastic in the jugular.

bikemancs April 6, 2013 at 09:38 am

Great video, but I would have enjoyed more about the function of the weapon, some close ups (and slo-mo) of loading and such. you also referenced the stovepipe in Jurassic Park, but don’t talk about it again.

Other than that, awesome! Slo-mo cam rules!

cc19 April 5, 2013 at 11:49 am

I have a couple of these shotguns as novelties/collectibles. They seem to be pretty reliable. Where it falls short is on the weight and the over complicated safety design. It went so far as to require the user to depress a button to unlock the loading gate every time you insert a shell. I’d love to see an, “operator,” attempt to run one of these in today’s tactical shotgun classes.

Linoge April 5, 2013 at 01:45 pm

There is one that keeps appearing at local gun shows, but I just cannot convince myself it is worth it… Still, hell of a toy.

MakoGroup April 5, 2013 at 02:04 pm

I would have loved to seen a slo-mo “SHOOT HUR!!! SHOOT HUR!!!”

SittingDown April 5, 2013 at 04:47 pm

(Wayne “Newman” Knight squeal laugh)

Lance April 5, 2013 at 06:23 pm

Jurassic Park is probably the greatest movie of all time and still continues to give modern CGI a run for its money.