America’s Gun – The Rise of the AR-15 (Trailer)

Coming to CNBC Thursday April 25th 10p ET/PT:

Assault-Rifle-Because-I-Am-BlackOMG assault rifles!  Hopefully they put the video online, I’m assuming it will be be good for some LOLz.

Jon April 12, 2013 at 12:58 am

10 seconds in “STEEL and plastic” *facepalm sigh

ENDO-Mike April 12, 2013 at 12:40 pm

hahaha yea steel! Can you imagine?

Seb April 12, 2013 at 04:16 am

Another hit piece…don’t you just love legalized propaganda?

Hard_Harry April 12, 2013 at 05:08 am

This will be the AR15 version of that Remington 700 hit piece they did a few years ago.

derpmaster April 12, 2013 at 06:42 am

Hahaha I love the absolutely laughable drawings of rifles on the anti-gun posters.

Kevin April 12, 2013 at 06:47 am

Hey that guy at 1:58 looks awfully familiar!

Crunkleross April 12, 2013 at 07:50 am

Looks like they interviewed Yeager, soooooooo at least we won’t be represented as bat shit crazy man killers.

Taylor TX April 12, 2013 at 09:11 am

Yea I noticed that as well, talk about a teaser at the end of a trailer. Literally, i feel like I am trying to be brainwashed while watching this. At some point, maybe some guerrilla strikes on media outlets would be a good thing

Kevin April 12, 2013 at 11:07 am

I think you’re on to something here!

kyle April 12, 2013 at 09:38 am

Oh goodie another State run media story on firearms.

lighttech April 12, 2013 at 11:52 am

you just know it will be “fair and balanced”

if the show is 1 hour the ANTI gun group will get 55 mins of showing death -destruction -dead kids- weeping parents -and screaming in your face gun grabbers who call magazines, clips–and shoulder stocks with the “thingy that goes up” or heat seeking bullets or those guns ARE ALL FULL AUTO!!!!

the other 5 min will be 2 for commercials and 3 showing one gun user who is near batshit!!!!!

Jeff April 12, 2013 at 03:38 pm

I wonder if Eugene Stoner would even be mentioned

ENDO-Mike April 12, 2013 at 03:47 pm

They will probably even be like “Stoner was the nickname given to Eugene because all he did was make weapons and do drugs”

PPGMD April 12, 2013 at 03:44 pm

“Born on the battlefield” anyone else picture Eugene Stoner in Vietnam milling the first M-16s while a firefight is going on?

032125 April 12, 2013 at 04:27 pm

“Born on the runway” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

dave w April 12, 2013 at 08:29 pm

neither does ‘born on the back of a flyer, on a workbench in a garage, just along from the extra fridge, near last years gardening supplies but above the partly used paint cans that are slowly setting hard’.

Rich April 12, 2013 at 04:01 pm

“Born on the battlefield…”

Wasn’t the Air Force the first to adopt the design roughly 5 years after they were introduced? Not to denigrate but I thought the Air Force fought their battles above the battlefield.

Rich

Cuban Pete April 12, 2013 at 08:06 pm

Keep that plastic toy. I’ll stick with Mother Russia’s indestructible SEMI-AUTOMATIC rifle.

Dennis April 13, 2013 at 11:07 am

So, there are 4 million AR-15s in America, and what, maybe 10-20 of them have been used to murder people?
I’d bet they don’t throw that graph on the screen.

Jim P. April 14, 2013 at 10:28 am

I am just so glad that I don’t have satellite or cable. If I did, I would be constantly hoarse from yelling at the TV.

Besides, I have as yet to see an AR-15 firing in full auto mode.

Jeff April 15, 2013 at 07:57 pm

I like how they show the Automatic AR. Can’t wait to see the comments from the scared left whack jobs after this propaganda documentary airs. The loony left never ceases to make me laugh.

Cliff April 16, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I thought that GLOCK was “America’s Gun” … according to that book

Pete April 18, 2013 at 06:58 am

These shows are gun bashing shows garbage televisions. Never have the info on the gun and the history of it, just how it kills people

CNBC Prime April 25, 2013 at 07:59 am

Our team wanted to understand the AR-15’s immense popularity on both sides of the debate and go beyond the clichés. Portraying the AR-15 negatively is not the objective of the documentary and we can reassure all owners and enthusiasts that we aren’t choosing a side.

Here’s a clip from the special: http://cnb.cx/Zg19V7.

“America’s Gun: The Rise of the AR-15” premieres tomorrow Thursday, April 25th aat 10p ET/PT.

Jim P. April 25, 2013 at 08:19 am

The assumption that it will be another hatchet job comes from your own advertising. The clip ENDO posted included a chunk showing an M-16/M-4 firing in full automatic mode.

The AR-15 does not have a full auto mode, but somehow that made it into the advertising clip. I don’t have cable, so I won’t be able to watch it. But unless there is some segment in there like this with a clear explanation of the difference between the two, I’m guessing it is a hatchet job.

Seb April 25, 2013 at 08:48 am

You/your special specifically states @2:13 in the clip that you just posted the link to: “AR-15 // semi-auto”….and yet I get to look at full-auto fire? 1:19 clearly shows full-auto fire in the clip posted above. What is your explanation for this? I await your response.

Jim P. April 27, 2013 at 03:27 pm

Did anyone see this? Was it a hatchet job?

Seb April 29, 2013 at 02:38 am

Didn’t catch it…am going to find it now…

Here if you guys wan to watch it:

/watch?v=uItQ_OD7TqE

Jim P. April 29, 2013 at 07:50 am

Thanks Seb.

Full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uItQ_OD7TqE

Just watched it. It was a fair and balanced hatchet job. They did put in the not a full auto; more powerful semi-auto rifles; etc. That was basically in the first 10-15 minutes. Then all the down sides and the guy printing his own was the last half. So by the time you got to the evil black gun stuff the typical viewer would have forgotten the balanced stuff.