Richard Ryan’s Tax Time Penny Plinking

Normally Richard Ryan showboats by shooting expensive things with expensive guns.  Not today:

That’s a sick looking range he’s shooting at with the walls on either side.  Looks like the wind was blowing right down the center though (he said at 65MPH) which obviously is less than ideal haha.  Nice shooting though despite that!  I sort of regret selling my .22LR drop in conversion kit… it didn’t run all that smoothly so it was probably for the best.  I’d like to get another one someday though if I can come across one that’s reliable enough to feed the cheap bulkpack ammo while I pull the trigger as fast as humanly possible.

Richard-Ryan-RatedRR-YouTubeRichard (a California resident) is wearing the ENDO Apparel No Right To Bear Arms t-shirt.

Phoenixnfa April 18, 2013 at 12:08 am

M&P 15-22. Get one.

MannyF April 18, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Get yourself a S&W M&P 15-22. I’ve had no problems in over 2000 rds so far.

Andrew April 18, 2013 at 04:12 pm

I’ve got a whole upper I’d be willing to part with built using CMMG parts…

ENDO-Mike April 18, 2013 at 04:51 pm

That’s the one I had (with black dog mags) it was a garbage jam-o-matic for me.

HSR47 April 19, 2013 at 03:14 am

My brother has a CMMG conversion kit that he sometimes runs in his RRA beater gun. In our collective experience, and while running black dog mags, it seems to like harder brass (like Aguila) and not like softer brass (like federal).

I don’t recall having any case failures with Aguila, but I’ve had several with Federal. If I had to guess, it’s a timing issue, and the drop in kit is allowing the trigger to be pulled before it’s fully in battery (and thus the slightly harder brass of the Aguila has enough strength to finish chambering where the softer-cased Federal sometimes doesn’t.).

Andrew April 19, 2013 at 09:32 am

Yeah, mine is as well, but you could still buy it, wink wink…with all this internet money you have.

Jim P. April 18, 2013 at 07:23 pm

And what’s sick is that pennies are mostly zinc now.

Jayson April 20, 2013 at 08:17 pm

Just get a 10/22 and throw an archangel stock on it.
A small amount of cheese, but a MUCH larger degree of function. 10/22 don’t play, no matter what you’ve cloaked it in