Tracking Point Head Shot Promo Video

You’ll be the produce department and wild hog’s worst nightmare:

Messy.  Just wait until animals evolve and start eluding this system. ;)  If fruit evolves too we are all dead.

I’m thinking the next logical step is to be able to initially lock onto multiple targets with an automatic or semi-automatic firearm and then pick them off one by one with each trigger pull.

TrackingPoint-LogoI know the technology is fairly new still, but I can’t wait until they get it down to a more compact package.

Thoughts?  Do you want one of these systems or would it take all the fun out of shooting for you?

James Patrick May 14, 2013 at 12:21 am

It seems like it would be a great tool for a military application, but I think it would take the excitement out of any kind of shooting sport.

Chris May 14, 2013 at 06:38 am

Now any Joe Shmoe is a pro sniper. Hmm. Some things just should not by invented perhaps. No more skill or training required!

Jim May 14, 2013 at 06:49 am

I might not mind having this system when hunting rams in the mountains. Other than that and having fun doing extremely long range shots, which would require a ton of land, I don’t really see the point. You can expect a HUGE backlash from the mainstream media once they catch on to this, which will be too late of course. Just look at how they soiled their underwear at the creation of the liberator.

Martin May 14, 2013 at 09:57 am

Full-Auto would be pretty neat, paint a dozen or so baddies, and do a proximity burst when your crosshair gets close to the target.

bryce May 14, 2013 at 10:53 am

Would be fun to own but starting at $17500.00 its not going to happen

Dont worry about it May 14, 2013 at 02:52 pm

I looked into it. It’s not as magical as you think. The user still needs to lock onto a target by pressing a button on where he wants the bullet to impact. The scope then tracks that target visually while it figures out the range and everything. Once you and the system are ready, you pull the trigger and work the Point of aim onto the indicated target, and once you’re there, the rifle goes off.

PPGMD May 14, 2013 at 08:53 pm

>And you haveto shoot their specifically loaded ammo for the rifle, which I hear is quite expensive, which I guess isnt a concern at this price point.

I doubt it, unless it will only be sold as a optic with rifle package, the variations of rifle to rifle would be too great to require one brand of ammo. More likely it will be loaded with some ballistic tables that you can adjust to match your own rifle. Similar to how the Barrett BORS system works.

Julio May 17, 2013 at 01:38 pm

Nope. It’s a complete package – rifle, scope and ammo.

hnl.flyboy May 14, 2013 at 05:49 pm

I’d like it just to say I have it…otherwise, nah.