You Might Be A Hipster Redneck If

Jeff Foxworthy endorsed rifle scope iPhone bolt on accessory, the iScope:

I’m just looking forward to the forthcoming youtube vids where guys forget how much recoil some higher caliber rifles have if your not holding them properly, and end up getting an iFace or an iBlackEye.  Put this thing on a .700 Nitro Express, concentrate really hard on the screen from 4″ away and see whats up LOL.

This is still one of the funniest shooting related videos I’ve ever seen.  Those guys need to do a 2013 version with iScopes.

The iScope goes for $100 if you’re interested.

iScope

Are you really that attached to your phone that you even have to use it hunting?  Sweet LAWD just turn it off and enjoy the outdoors.

I don’t even know what’s worse… this or the Inteliderp iPhone Rifle Scope Adapter.

Rjackparis June 9, 2013 at 04:24 am

In theory this should cancel out all parallax and increase off handed accuracy seeing as the point of view never changes. the only issues i see with it are. 1. I doubt the I phone could handle the recoil of the larger calibers, at least in bolt actions the scope should experience 100 percent of the recoil. 2. the screen is off set to one side, while non american shooters may feel comfortable with this. In my opinion of being both an american and a lefty, shit sucks yo. other then that, the distance between your face parts and the iphone/ scope can be adjusted for by mounting the scope forward. just wish there was a more streamlined video option using existing and easily attainable tech.

Regulus June 9, 2013 at 07:25 am

OMGGG, This just strengthens my rant from last night. haha “hunters”.

MrMaigo June 9, 2013 at 09:58 am

How would you all feel about a Google Glass version?

Rjackparis June 9, 2013 at 10:04 pm

that would be incredible. one step closer to smart linked scope and all that.

MattV2099 June 9, 2013 at 11:05 am

Ordered.
For maximum speed and minimum drag of course.

PPGMD June 9, 2013 at 02:43 pm

I don’t think it was from this company, but I liked the idea of a spotting scope adapter for the iPad/iPhone. Spotting scopes have a really narrow eye box, but that adapter would likely fix that issue IMO.

Not sure that I would wait to aim with my smart phone though.

44MAG June 9, 2013 at 02:52 pm

can the i phone take the repeated shock of a 44 mag??… :D

James Morman June 10, 2013 at 03:44 am

This is a great idea for spotting scopes. I wish Camp Perry would allow phones at the firing line.

dave w June 10, 2013 at 06:05 am

if you put this on your mosin, and interface it with fruit ninja i see hilarious bayonet mishaps on the youtubes.