Wild Dog Hunting in Australia

Crikey! A VICE documentary:

Crack open a cold Fosters, throw some shrimp on the barbie, pull out your bigger knife when someone shows you theirs, and flush the toilet just to watch it spin the other way.

VICE-LogoNice looking dogs, vicious though wow.  Looks similar to the wild boar problem in the US.

hnl.flyboy June 23, 2013 at 01:24 am

I’d only kill something if:
• My life depended on it
• Someone else’s life depended on it
• I was gonna eat it
• It’s a “pest”

More power to him! No one here could do that after shooting at cops! Glad he turned his life around!

Zed June 23, 2013 at 01:35 am

Two things I’m surprised about.

1) He’s only rocking the bolt .223 when he could apply for a culling licence (if he doesn’t have one already) and be one of the few in AU that can have semi-autos.

2) That our firearms laws allow him to own guns after being declared legally insane and spending time in jail.

Regulus June 23, 2013 at 11:21 am

ah i don’t like this. i like dogs. call me a bleeding heart. but this is sad

Matt in FL June 23, 2013 at 05:07 pm

It makes me a little sad, too, but an obnoxious, pet- and livestock-destroying pest is still a pest, even if it’s a dog.

SittingDown June 23, 2013 at 11:56 am

Varney? Sounds familiar. Know what I mean, Vern? ;)

Deader86 June 23, 2013 at 05:04 pm

I see some similarities to hunting pest Coyote in the US’s Eastern States. It’s hard to stomach, but necessary, I’ve never been able to take a fox for what its worth, but Coyote, too dangerous, intelligent and indifferent to man made environments. Where I currently reside it is legal to take them year round without a license (specific geographic areas are restricted), so long as it is lawfully killed, no bounty for pelts anymore though.

rjparis June 23, 2013 at 08:32 pm

One mans pet is anothers pest.

IT’s interesting that Pig hunting got a freaking Reality TV spot, And dog hunters got a 15 minute seemingly slightly biased vice special.

Stone06 June 24, 2013 at 08:44 am

The man went from insane to benefiting society. Good on him. Dog or not somebody needs to to that job and it looks like he is/was the right guy.