Arizon Bro Cop Gets Drunk Brandishes At Gas Station Loses Job And Goes To Jail

Bro do you even brandish?  This bro cop did:

Full Story – DailyMail

My-New-Haircut-broski-yaegerAccording to the article bro-brandisher Kyle McCartin was arrested and charged at the Pima County Jail on two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Wow that’s what I call drunk.  I’m curious what will end up happening with the 23 year old… re-assigned to another department?  Slap on the wrist?  My guess is he doesn’t have too many friends in law enforcement yet considering he was only with the department 10 months.

bandroidx July 21, 2013 at 01:44 am

Only bro operators go out drinking in nothing but a bullet proof vest. Bro approved. What a douche.

SSGCasper July 21, 2013 at 01:48 am

He was fired and is facing prison time for his assault with a deadly weapon charges, as should have happened. Seems to often that the blue line stands together to protect knuckleheads like this, when they should fry them before the public gets a chance, glad to see it happen this time, just wish it was the norm…

bandroidx July 21, 2013 at 05:13 am

Yeah, but what would have happened if it wasnt on camera and posted to the internet? Probably would have gotten desk duty, or they might have gone after the store clerk after his “bro” backed up his story that he never brandished.

I agree, the blue line is ridiculous. Not giving a fellow officer a ticket? Sure. Letting him commit felonies? Bullshit.

Tito July 21, 2013 at 05:19 am

If I had a bro, he would look like this one.

What an idiot. Thankfully no one had to get hurt for this guy to get canned and de-copped. Glad he outed himself early.

bandroidx July 21, 2013 at 05:38 am

I wonder how many innocents he planted evidence on or falsely testified against in those 10 months. I hope they go over this guys arrests in detail with a fine tooth comb.

Jeff Baker July 21, 2013 at 05:55 am

I hate to see things like this because they invariably lead to our entire vocation being broad brushed. Believe me when I say a goodly number of police agencies throughout the US police themselves effectively, disciplining and sometimes discharging cops absent video evidence and based only on the fact finding mission. The thing one has to remember is, we draw our candidates from the pool at large, so while the extensive screening and background investigation works to ferret out the ill suited for my profession, people do fall through the cracks.

In the end, for every indefensible act of stupidity and conduct unbecoming a peace officer you see like this one, there are countless incidents of bravery, ethic, selflessness and dedication for the citizenry who pay our salaries you don’t see each day.

Ultimately, I agree with the posters who’ve suggested the officer be terminated.

koiphish July 21, 2013 at 06:09 am

Amen brother. When I see commenters like the one above bash on all cops because of the actions of one, it makes my stomach turn. The same hippies that refuse to roll their windows down all the way, plead the 5th during a traffic stop and are generally disrespectful during encounters with police are just as bad as the dirty cops in my book.

I know MANY a police officer that would not stand for this type of behavior and would arrest him on the spot, brother officer or not. Sadly, officers like this give the rest of them a bad name and give fuel to the idiots that believe all cops are bad.

Ryan In The Rockies July 21, 2013 at 09:13 am

Pesky citizens, always invoking their Constitutional rights and shit. Respect is earned with conduct, not a shiny badge.

Jason L July 21, 2013 at 01:08 pm

“I know MANY a police officer that would not stand for this type of behavior and would arrest him on the spot, brother officer or not.’

Wait, are you saying that you know officers who WOULD NOT arrest him for this? Please tell me where, so I can avoid that place like AIDS.

bandroidx July 21, 2013 at 06:10 pm

I dont know if your talking about my comment, but i didnt bash all cops. I only bash the cops who do this behavior and the ones who help cover it up. I respect the 95% of cops who just do their job and act the way they should towards citizens. The other 5% can rot in jail like this prick bro cop.

Dr Kranknstein July 23, 2013 at 12:49 am

No sir you and you obvious contempt of people’s Constitutional rights give officers a bad name. Why is it soooo offensive for someone to remain silent? Why is it soooo offensive they do not completely roll down their window? 1st it just because officers use these tactics to help incriminate people…Oh I smell something funny…Oh you just talked yourself into jail. When we take these away officers feel like they need to reassert their dominance and control the scene. All of which is complete BS. You sir are a public servant…There is no such thing as contempt of cop…but I bet you could make something up though. If you and your MANY brothers are so die hard against shit like this than why is youtube and other sites filled to the brim with LEOs acting like complete douchebags?

Quinn July 21, 2013 at 09:28 am

Even more disturbing… these guys have no shirts on!

dave w July 21, 2013 at 09:41 am

I think the audio goes something like this:
Dude, you know where, the animal shelter is?
– what?
Yeah, like the pound, we havent shot enough dogs this week.
– Your kidding?
No, Dude, its ok were cops, *hic* oh wait, i need to pay for the gas too.

MakoGroup July 21, 2013 at 09:42 am

These guys are so awesome. I wonder what partying with them would have been like? Lots of coke taken from evidence I would imagine! I think if they laid off the RedBull/Roids cocktails, this wouldn’t have happened. Oh well. At least in prison he will be able to devote more time to sculpting his guns!

Moonman July 21, 2013 at 10:17 am

I went to school with this moron at Salpointe Catholic High. I never hung out with him, but everyone I asked said that this isn’t surprising at all. Making us proud class of 2008! Go Lancers!!!

Max July 21, 2013 at 10:43 am

This tops tops any of my “One time I was so drunk…” stories.

Nakedgun July 21, 2013 at 11:05 am

Too funny in here as always… Moron Cop is going to trial, then prison for a while, and it’s never enough..
Keep looking for the other shooters on the grassy knoll too, guys; they’re out there!

Gene July 21, 2013 at 11:47 am

Isn’t it double secret probation to do that with armor on?

jim bob July 21, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Wait, a policeman acting foolishly and like he was above the law? how can this be? what is this strange world you are from?

Regulus July 21, 2013 at 04:45 pm

that guy was probably feeling pretty shitty the next day. lol. fuck him POS!

Jim P. July 21, 2013 at 04:57 pm

That level of stupidity is criminal. And apparently he is getting what he deserves.

SittingDown July 21, 2013 at 06:36 pm

At least his partner stepped in before any one was hurt or killed.

James P July 21, 2013 at 07:41 pm

Cashier handled it like a champ.

Chase Cullinan July 22, 2013 at 11:49 am

This is incredibly stupid. This idiot obviously wasn’t thinking. Moderation my friends, moderation. That applies to all things, not just alcohol.

It is however, unfair to generalize all law enforcement officers on the actions of a few that the media plays up. It is like “occupationism” or “life’s-callingism” or something. I come from an entire line of LEOs and military all the way back to before they immigrated from Ireland. I am starting my LE career and training for USMC OCS. Some people are called to these professions, not simply doing it to abuse power or be crooked. Don’t lump an entire group in with a select group of idiots within the larger group. Otherwise, what different is that and stereotyping race, gender, religion, and/or orientation.

Jim P. July 22, 2013 at 06:21 pm

Then when you get to the point that you are actually on the job don’t just police the “civilians” police your own people, know when to call the bullshit flag and don’t hide it from the “civilians” that you are controlling your own.

Back when I was in the USAF there was a newbie SP that did a bunch of things that were technically valid and within “law enforcement”, but were questionable in the real world. His fellow SPs finally got him busted out for underage drinking.

The reason it got to that point: The junior SP had busted an E-8 and E-9 for jaywaling back from the chow hall when the crosswalk was filled with a flight of 40 trainees going towards the chow hall. The senior enlisted SP arranged the bust.

The civilian equivalent is the Canton, OH officer who said:

“Fu**ing talking to me with a Godd***ed gun! You want me to pull mine and stick it to your head? … I tell you what I should have done. As soon as I saw your gun I should have taken two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and put ten bullets in your ass and let you drop.”

And the civilian still had to go to court to get his name cleared.

That is the attitude koiphish has above:

You are doing the job to serve and protect, not be our masters and rulers. If you can’t handle that idea, don’t go into law enforcement. There is a reason why the Fourth and Fifth Amendments were written. Please never forget that.

If you do that, I won’t lump you in with the rest. Just don’t lump me in with the rest either.