Jerry Miculek Operates Hard With The Barrett .50 BMG

I was impressed by the first Barrett .50 BMG vid of his I posted… this one blew my mind.

hahah I like his laugh.  It rivals Joerg Sprave, crazy slingshot guy’s laugh.

Sniper-Jesus-50-Caliber-Barrett-RifleJerry must have a hell of a solid shoulder.

Thoughts?  Would operate with?

Quint Young September 6, 2013 at 03:19 am

Is this a case of the Call of Duty dog wagging the tail of actual shooting sports?

DPC September 6, 2013 at 06:49 am

Darn… those dirt clouds in the back were crazy huge!

Curtis September 6, 2013 at 09:23 am

I would not trust myself to shoot at a berm that low that fast with a .50. Unless the ocean was behind it.

Suburban Sheepdog September 6, 2013 at 10:54 am

I love this guy.

I have SOed several IDPA matches where he shot. He was accompanied by his wife, who also shot one of the matches. He travels around the match with a cart fitted out with a beach umbrella kind of thing and chairs and whatnot. Despite his rock star status, and the fact he is also usually accompanied by the folks from some video company or another, he is a kind and pleasant a fellow as you could ever hope to meet. Pastes targets with the rest of the crew, follows the SO instructions, doesn’t fuss if he’s awarded a procedural. (Those things can be said of many — but certainly not all — of the big name shooters.) And — oh my holy LORD — is he fast. Watching him shoot a revolver is especially rewarding. Just a guy with an amazing natural gift that he has honed through a lifetime of hard work.

ENDO-Mike September 6, 2013 at 10:57 am

Awesome! I figured he would be really down to earth judging by his demeanor in the videos… good to hear he actually is.

Incredible how fast he is…

Dano September 6, 2013 at 05:18 pm

Great to hear he’s as down to Earth as I had hoped he would be. You never know about people, you know what they say, never meet your heroes.

Chad September 6, 2013 at 05:21 pm

I’ll echo the above sentiments. I RO USPSA and I’ve worked with him, but I first really met him at SHOT one year. We took a break at the same time and had lunch together. Such a soft-spoken guy, and little too! He seemed half my size, but he has huge, strong hands (which is saying a lot coming from me. My grip strength is in the 99th percentile in the US). He’s just an all-around great guy. One of the true ambassadors of the sport. He doesn’t carry around the ego that many other top shooters I’ve met do. Go Jerry!

Jim P. September 7, 2013 at 06:55 am

But of course 4 .50 rounds in one target, at that range, is usually way overkill. :-p

M September 7, 2013 at 09:38 am

i was wondering why he put five in the center and 1 in the rest… guess it’s just part of the drill?!?

Also wonder if he’s using special rounds, light on the powder and a light weight bullet… I’ve shot a 50bmg before with full power loads and there’s no way you could pull the trigger while standing without being knocked back a ways!

Not trying to tarnish his skills, hell, even with reduced power loads that rifle is a BEAST, and handling it so nimbly is truly a feat.

Suburban Sheepdog September 7, 2013 at 10:02 am

Five in the center because that is how you run the V-drill. Center – right -center – left center -far right – center – far left – center. It’s a pistol-shooting standards drill that hones gun movement. Usually two-rounds per target. Here he is doing with a 1911.

He is probably the fastest in the world at this.

And the video says he is using factory loads.

And, not for nothing, I’d say he is 5-7 or 5-8 and maybe 165 or so. Technique is technique.

Mitch September 7, 2013 at 10:26 am

Barrett has a recoil management system, the whole barrel recoils.

kobrabubbles September 7, 2013 at 08:59 am

“I have 5 volunteers down range…” WIN!

Mitch September 7, 2013 at 10:27 am

Cardboard targets? should use 5/8 inch steel silhouettes lol pass through it like cardboard

carl September 9, 2013 at 02:01 pm

Just don’t make it too thick or you’ll catch a ricochet in your headphones like this guy:

ENDO-Mike September 20, 2013 at 01:15 pm

No matter how many times I watch that video, it still makes me cringe!

Rich September 7, 2013 at 06:34 pm

And I felt good about my V-drill time of 7.42 with a 9mm. I am obviously not a superstar like Jerry Miculek.

Cuban Pete September 9, 2013 at 03:54 pm

Jerry is more of a man that I’ll ever be. I prefer my .50 in a mount.

Sledgecrowbar December 4, 2013 at 08:34 pm

If I got Jerry on my apocalypse survival team… I’d have to also accept Piers Morgan. Just to even things out. Jerry is that fun.

Jim P. December 4, 2013 at 09:31 pm

There is absolutely zero reason to accept Piers Morgan, except as a corpse. I have multiple acres and a backhoe. I have a suggestion for his deceased body.

Sledgecrowbar December 4, 2013 at 10:18 pm

He’s just an awful media personality, not really worth an idle death threat. At least make those against someone who is legitimately dangerous like a dictator or terrorist. I hear that gets a green check on the FBI list of angry things you can say on the internet.