No Guns Allowed Signs On Business Storefronts

Those signs don’t amuse me.  Dom Raso doesn’t play that either:

Dom-Raso-NRAI always just assume whatever gun (usually a revolver or a 1911) which is on the sign, are the ones that are banned.  Others take a “Concealed is concealed” approach.  I’ve heard that in some states those signs aren’t even LAW anyway.  It would be like putting a “no blue socks” sign up in your store… sure you could ask people with blue socks to leave the store, telling them their money isn’t any good there, but it’s not like you can press charges or anything.

Thoughts?  Do you spend money at business which have those dumb signs?

PJ March 4, 2014 at 05:33 am

They have no legal force in a lot of states. Usually the worst you can be charged with is criminal trespass and that’s only if you refuse to leave if asked. In others they only do if they meet certain specifications.

Allen March 4, 2014 at 05:43 am

They have the force of law in My state (NC). And no, they don’t get my business.

PJ March 4, 2014 at 07:51 am

What’s the charge if someone’s found carrying somewhere with a sign? Is it considered a place off limits?

Allen March 4, 2014 at 08:17 am

In NC it is a misdemeanor. Class 2 I think.

CR Pyro March 4, 2014 at 07:07 am

Texas specifies the language that must be present for it to have force of law. Oh, and it must be in contrasting colors, in both English and Spanish, and must meet a minimum height requirement (1.25″ if I remember correctly). Otherwise? Forget, I’ll carry if I want to.

Chase Cullinan March 4, 2014 at 11:33 am

GA is the same as PJ’s state. It don’t matter what color socks we wear!

Ohio shawn March 4, 2014 at 04:53 pm

I never look for them, I figure no one is going to know I’m carrying anyway.
Ohio makes it a misdemeanor, but only if you refuse to leave and the business presses charges.

st4 March 4, 2014 at 08:00 pm

Just don’t give them any business and let them know why in a comment box/email/phone. They want what’s in our wallets so you can bet you’ll get their attention.