Holding Law Enforcement To The Same Standards

The same standards as normal people:

TheRealTrippleB-YouTubeThis guy is good… no special effects, no music, no bullshit.  He goes by TheRealTrippleB.  The first video of his I posted was about the Ares Armor debacle.

vdmsr March 27, 2014 at 07:11 am

“If you can’t handle that, there’s a cubicle that needs filling” or a youtube channel that needs trolling.

Newsflash, there is a universal standard, its called being a moral and ethical person. If you cannot understand that well, I guess you can just make a video of yourself calling out imaginary people over things that are obviously over your head.

d0zer March 27, 2014 at 08:37 am

Relatively certain he was referencing recent events in Albuquerque, NM– specifically, the police shooting of a homeless man in the back. And then there’s the larger issue that, despite the fact that the entire APD under an ongoing investigation by the feds, they keep shooting people under the same highly questionable circumstances.

But honestly, it’s not as if he lacks for material nationwide.

Good cops need to be recognized and lauded. Bad cops need to be thrown into gen pop and whatever happens, happens.

vdmsr March 27, 2014 at 08:52 am

I totally agree, bad cops need to be thrown to the wolves.

However, I believe people’s understanding of what a “bad cop” is can be extreme and not based in reality.

d0zer March 27, 2014 at 09:10 am

Didn’t intend for my reply to come off as some all encompassing condemnation of cops as a whole. But I firmly believe that there is a significant portion of the LE community that should never have been given a badge– NOT just the “less then 1%” faux statistic that is so often quoted.

But to the good cops out there, that know the law, that strive to be morally and ethically beyond reproach, and are willing to respectfully deal with people often having one of the worst days days of their lives… to them, I cannot be more grateful.

vdmsr March 27, 2014 at 09:12 am

I don’t know about the “significant portion” part. The issue is the hiring process.

d0zer March 27, 2014 at 09:24 am

Definitely. Perhaps I have become jaded from living in NM. But the police situation out here is ridiculous, and deserves 10x times the bad press it has been receiving worldwide.

Anytime you have multiple situations where an officer fired from one LE agency can just walk “next door” and be given a badge with another….yeah, then you are going to have problems. Notice that I did say “fired”.

vdmsr March 27, 2014 at 09:27 am

If that is the case, then hell yea that is a huge issue. Locally, I have never seen such an occurrence. I would say that blaming many or most officers is not the way to go about it.

CrunkleRoss March 27, 2014 at 09:40 am

I agree with this and have seen fired officers get rehired in the same State. The majority of the time when a background check is done with previous employers nothing bad is reported back so the new employer hires the person they shouldn’t based on the lack of info. BUT this happens in all businesses, for some reason even after firing for good cause like stealing previous employers just won’t report it to the company looking to hire the bum. Maybe they are afraid of getting sued or just don’t give a damn cause they are rid of the bum I don’t know.

d0zer March 27, 2014 at 09:47 am

Used to be that one of the only questions that the prior employer would answer, due to them wanting to limit their own liability, was the “would you hire this person again?” question.

With how litigious every aspect of our society is now, I don’t even know if that still holds.

032125 March 27, 2014 at 01:46 pm

I challenge you to go Like CopBlock on Facebook, and read every story they post for a month, and then tell me with a straight face that the police system in the US isn’t utterly broken. They are a standing army, and not a friendly army at that.

VdmSr March 27, 2014 at 01:56 pm

Facebook and cookbook, two forms of fail that compliment each other.

Also, if someone posted everything any profession did constantly people would feel the same way.

032125 March 27, 2014 at 02:23 pm

There. Does that make you feel better?

VdmSr March 27, 2014 at 02:25 pm

Don’t know what you around getting at, bias websites are troll heavens of horrible information.

But do your thing.

032125 March 27, 2014 at 02:30 pm

Didn’t even look at it, did you? Bias indeed.

VdmSr March 27, 2014 at 02:52 pm

Anon trolls gana troll.
lol

Cargosquid March 27, 2014 at 02:02 pm

First….GREAT video!
Second…I wonder if he realizes that he’s wearing the US Navy Jack on his cap, not just a version of the Gadsden Flag.

Nakedgun March 28, 2014 at 02:29 pm

Triple-B nailed it.

I think the bottom-line is that there are power-abusers in every walk of life, and it’s up to peers and supervisors to regulate them.

btw, that copblock website seems to lean heavily to the libertarian side; almost toward anarchism. I read some good points that are backed-up by case-law, but it’s mostly just another inflammatory site.

#butt April 5, 2014 at 01:07 am

Lol facial cops and gov I allow you the privlage you take my rights wait what the fuck….