Ashton Kutcher And His Glock On ChatRoulette

In a promo for his new movie “Killers”, Ashton Kutcher has the following video running when connecting to random people on ChatRoulette:

[youtube width=”560″ height=”340″][/youtube]

Good to see he has excellent taste in guns. His Glock is definitely a compact model, and by the look of the barrel when it’s pointing at the camera, and the cartridge when he holding it, I’d have to say it’s likely a G23 (.40 caliber).

The gun in the video is likey the one he keeps under his bed, which I blogged about a few days ago HERE.

Steven S. May 13, 2010 at 11:11 pm

I was going to say bad finger placement until it went off and I got the point of the video.

Pretty cool promo if I say so myself.

Phaedrus May 13, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Hah, reminds me of something I did a while back. A response to all the Numa Numa vids floating around.

Admin (Mike) May 16, 2010 at 08:56 pm

haha that is pretty awesome.

Rex May 14, 2010 at 06:21 am

I’m not sure I’d call tactical tupperware “excellent taste”, but it’s nice to know he’s not a complete moron when it comes to firearms.

Martial-Lol'd May 14, 2010 at 06:49 am

He’s not a moron, but regardless of what he is trying to do his finger should not be on the trigger…

Ethan December 17, 2010 at 04:14 pm

you kindof have to have your finger on the trigger to shoot…. atleast the last time i checked.

Fred May 14, 2010 at 09:16 am

Martial-Lol’d, did you watch the whole thing?

Dan May 14, 2010 at 09:47 am

That’s what I was about to ask

Martial-Lol'd May 16, 2010 at 05:01 am

I read it, and I’m aware it’s part of his effort to campaign his movie, but I’m just not really down with that kind of advertisement.

Fred May 16, 2010 at 10:56 am

He “shoot” the camera at the end. How are you going to shoot something without placing your finger on the trigger?

Josh G May 14, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Whose to say it’s a real bullet, and not a snap cap? Even a spent casing, with a new bullet. He might know the Rules pretty well and made sure he did this “the right way” for YouTube, making sure he’s not a story about accidental discharges.

Dannysaysnoo May 14, 2010 at 02:14 pm

It bugs me that they put so much effort into the start of it, but a camera wouldn’t break like that.

Alejandro May 14, 2010 at 07:31 pm

Well, I roll with a G25, which I prefer over the Beretta 84FS or the Taurus PT58HC, which members of my direct family own, so yeah, for that specific frame 19/23/25 I do concur he has to have a taste for em…

Wait a minute, He lives in Kali, right? is the Glock 23 approved for the california rooster?

hmm…. yes, yes it is so it’s likeley it’s not a propgun, and I kinda see it’s poly-barrel, Heh, I would be amazed to see a rifled aftermarket barrel, indicating that he is either a serious shooter or reloads ammuniton.

DCanoe May 14, 2010 at 08:01 pm

i remember seeing a billboard ad for killers. The one with the lead actress and kutcher displaying their desert eagles. ashton showed trigger discipline in it, color me surprised.

Borepatch May 16, 2010 at 09:09 am

Four Rules fail.

BtBD May 22, 2010 at 07:35 am

Fail? He fires the weapon at the end. Since when do you have to adhere to the 4 rules if you’re going to actually shoot?

Davis F June 10, 2010 at 08:16 pm

I am unfamiliar with the glock system, but at 0:40 the safety is showing. Anyone know if its on or off?

He also lifted the gun up way over his head when he “shot” it — a clear indication that it was indeed not a live round — you would brace your arm for a live shot, and you would never snap your arm up like that.

Admin (Mike) June 10, 2010 at 08:27 pm

I’m not sure what you are calling the safety on a Glock at 40 seconds. Besides the trigger safety, there are no external safeties like on some other handguns.

Should and would have are two different things. :P If you were not bracing for the shot that’s exactly what would happen if you pulled the trigger.

Davis F June 15, 2010 at 10:06 am

If you were not bracing for the shot, the gun would most likely snap up violently and flip out of your hand — I’ve never seen anyone have a gun fly up above their head. Clearly he pulled it up himself. In fact, there probably wasn’t even a blank in there.

Really, no safety? Again, I have never held a Glock outside of airsoft replica’s, and there is a little switch towards the real of the slide on the guns left side. Maybe I am just thinking of the Glock 18 and it is simply a fire selector. Care to enlighten?

It also appears that the switch is visible at 0:40 in the video. Do you know what it is?

Davis F June 15, 2010 at 10:09 am

Edit: if the gun didn’t flip out of your hand, it would do a “Desert Eagle Girl” like smack in the face.

Admin (Mike) June 15, 2010 at 11:39 pm

not likely unless you had it very close to your face, or were 5 years old.

Admin (Mike) June 15, 2010 at 11:38 pm

You are over estimating small caliber pistol rounds Davis. A person could not “brace” for shots all day (limpwristing etc..) and nothing huge would happen besides likely some FTF (fail to feeds) and FTE (Fail to Ejects).

Airsoft it seems takes a creative licence with a lot of replicas. There is no safety switch on glocks… at 40seconds you are seeing the slide release.

Davis F June 18, 2010 at 06:39 pm

Sometimes the creative license is necessary with gas powered airsoft pistols that can go full auto. If they did not, it would most likely be full or nothing/

Ok, it probably wont flip out of your hand, I’ll give you that, but the flying up over the head was exaggerated. And in any case, if you watch the video frame by frame, its obvious that its not shooting anything considering the corny flame effect and pre-trigger pull bullet sound.

Admin (Mike) June 19, 2010 at 02:24 pm

Are we seriously still talking about this? hahaha

The most obvious thing that would suggest he did not fire a real shot is the fact that the “shot” he did take put a wimpy hole in the lens glass. If you fired a real gun point blank at a webcam, the video would have gone black and the camera body wold be in hundreds of pieces all over the room.

Davis F June 20, 2010 at 12:10 pm

Sorry to continue the topic… I was simply trying to prove that he never even fired a blank…

Admin (Mike) June 22, 2010 at 01:32 am

hehe no problem, I was just bugging you. Anyone can comment whatever they want, thats what the comments are for!