Gun Culture Is Not A Costume – Halloween

An ENDO public service announcement regarding firearm related & tactical Halloween costumes:

Serious business guys.

I photoshopped the pictures, which were taken from S*T*A*R*S ( Students Teaching About Racism in Society), an anti-racism student group at Ohio university with seemingly nothing better to do than complain about Halloween costumes.  The original posters (seen here) show students of different ethnic backgrounds posing with pictures of costumes the group feels depict racial stereotypes.

Going to a party, or dressing up tonight?  If so, what are you going as?

Hat tip: Dad for the idea.

Vhyrus October 31, 2011 at 12:15 am

As a white man affianced to a black woman, I have this to say about the source work denouncing said ‘racist’ costumes:

It’s called a stereotype. The quickest and most effective way to undermine them is to publicly demonstrate how ridiculous and unrealistic they actually are, preferably in a humorous way so as not to appear heavy handed. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING does that better than a Halloween costume. You should be thanking everyone who wears a ‘racist’ Halloween costume for helping you rid the world of these stereotypes.

Jimmy October 31, 2011 at 02:30 am

Not sure if trolling…

Rob October 31, 2011 at 04:59 am

Isn’t it called “engaged”?

Jake January 19, 2012 at 10:03 am

An engagement or betrothal is a promise to marry, and also the period of time between proposal and marriage – which may be lengthy or trivial. During this period, a couple is said to be betrothed, affianced, engaged to be married, or simply engaged.

Rob October 31, 2011 at 05:00 am

Nice work with the t-shirts!

Frank October 31, 2011 at 09:51 am

Obviously these people need to have sense of humor.

Dillankid October 31, 2011 at 07:44 am

Cool Photoshop. As for OU, I live about 20 minutes away from that university, has to be the most liberal and commonsense free place in the country. Makes me want to dress up as the pictured terrorist and walk down Court Street :-)

mlk18 October 31, 2011 at 08:46 am

As a Zombie-American I could not agree more. You don’t see the living dead dress up like the “normals” do you?

Vhyrus October 31, 2011 at 10:11 am

When zombies do that its called ‘camouflage’.

mmasse October 31, 2011 at 05:42 pm

Its a rough road being a zombie. There is a lot of anti-zombie sentiment out there.

mlk18 October 31, 2011 at 09:54 pm

Well said. In some state’s gays can get married, in some states you can smoke marijuana for fake medical reasons, but is there is a single state where the undead can feast in the flesh of the living? No!

Mike October 31, 2011 at 10:29 am

I was at the surplus/tactical store on Friday and Six guys were in there dropping hundreds each on outfits. Plate carriers, thigh rigs, cammies, watch caps. I hated to burst their bubble that there are more than Six people in seal team six.

cc19 October 31, 2011 at 11:03 am

Seen the same here. Surplus shops love Halloween when people of all ages drop by and spend hundreds of dollars to look authentic.

Gecko October 31, 2011 at 12:05 pm

oh boy. tactical butterballs. im going high speed low drag this halloween. im going as a censored nudist. oh yes.

032125 October 31, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I’m dressing as a grumpy taxpayer; same as I do every year. Really every day, actually.

As far as the “STARS” ads, I don’t see how someone wearing a geisha outfit suggests that all Asians are geisha, or how someone dressed up as Poncho Villa means that all Mexicans are Poncho Villa.

I like your posters better.

noflashbang October 31, 2011 at 09:08 pm

Pretty nice job on the photoshops.

I do have to say that the original posters are pretty fail though. Lets see what the first definition of “Costume” is: a style of dress, including accessories and hairdos, especially that peculiar to a nation, region, group, or historical period.

Yep that is what I though…..

Poppy October 31, 2011 at 10:48 pm

If Banditos are racist, does that mean I can;t dress up as a Cowboy?

032125 November 1, 2011 at 01:59 am
Poppy November 1, 2011 at 08:10 pm

We should also ban all cosplay.

Dressing up as an anime character is offensive because it implies that all Japanese people pilot giant robots and jerk off on comatose girls.

Dave November 1, 2011 at 12:25 am

Ha, my girlfriend used to work with this group when she was at OU. I’m praying she doesn’t see this :)

Frank November 1, 2011 at 01:11 am

You should dump her.

Dave November 1, 2011 at 07:52 am

It is funny because we are polar opposites. But to her credit she is willing to learn how to shoot.

Frank November 1, 2011 at 11:31 am

She’s probably only doing it (learning to shoot) because the (afterwards) intercourse is probably worth it. I’d bet money on it.

Dave November 2, 2011 at 09:12 am

I’m not sure whether to be butt hurt that you are making fun of my girlfriend or thank you for complementing my sexual prowess.

Eightbyte November 1, 2011 at 08:03 pm

My favorite variant was the one with ents

Chrontius November 2, 2011 at 11:39 pm

That last one is Paul Kim of Surefire, demonstrating that:
-He doesn’t take himself too seriously
-He is acutely aware of the things some people have done to poor, undeserving weapons using tools of his creation.

“PK”, as he’s affectionately known by fans of his designs, was not just *of* surefire, but the Vice President of Engineering for quite a while, working on some of the best products they ever released. Not only did he probably do that ‘shop of the swiss-army rifle himself, he probably also designed the foregrip/light combination he’s hanging on to there.

His current project is Icon Flashlights; you can find these in your local radio shack, or online – here’s a link to one of his designs: http://goo.gl/1705c

Chrontius November 2, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Also, at least Butterball there in the second image is outside *moving* instead of sitting in front of the TV playing Call of Duty 7: Attack of the Sequel. Maybe he’s gotten in shape as a result of airsoft war-games, who knows?

Older post: