Iconic Guns From Movies And TV

Here’s a taste:

matrix-agent-smith-gun book-of-eli-gun mr-pink-resovoir-dogs-gun Rambo-Gun

There’s a whole bunch more here, along with the standard “WTF?! Why isn’t the ____ from ____ in the list?” haha.

IllTemperedCur May 4, 2014 at 06:23 am

That can’t be right. Jack Bauer’s doesn’t have a teacup

jim bob May 4, 2014 at 12:11 pm

wouldn’t the Beretta 92 be more identified with martin riggs than John Mclane?

st4 May 4, 2014 at 12:52 pm

True… I think Riggs actually kept the Beretta throughout the whole Lethal Weapon series. McClane ditched it after the third movie. Blasphemy!

PPGMD May 4, 2014 at 05:23 pm

“Can you bring me the gun of Rambo?”

danthemann5 May 4, 2014 at 05:44 pm

No S&W 29 for Dirty Harry? I’m not sure there is a more iconic movie gun.

I am also pretty sure that was the Magnum Research Desert Eagle Mark XIX

Jason May 5, 2014 at 07:19 am

Matthew Quigley’s Sharps 1974 FTW. Can’t hold an octagon barreled Sharps without someone asking “is that the gun from Quigley Down Under?”

hydepark May 7, 2014 at 12:56 am

There’s actually quite a bit of animated debate about what model Desert Eagle the various agents use in the different movies. Based on round count, recoil, ejected brass, barrel diameter, etc. It’s never clear which agent has which caliber at any given time.

For example, this image shows Smith swinging a DE that appears to have a .44 or .357 barrel on it:

Whereas this “money shot” (I think it’s the bullet time rooftop agent) shows what more closely resembles the .50 Action Express’ bigger bore:

A couple of years ago, when I was doing research before my .50 purchase, I ran across an interview with the weapons handler / prop guy and I believe he said that various models were used depending upon the need. Something about the squib or blank rounds availability, pricing, and the effects desired. For example, a far-off shot of a lesser agent could use a beat up .357 model, where the closeup, slow-mo, action shots were given the .50 treatment like this picture clearly shows:

Take it how you want, the fact is not all of them were .50’s

ENDO-Mike May 7, 2014 at 11:03 am

Interesting! Yea that’s definitely not something most people would notice.