.300 BLK RIP Ammunition Slow Motion

Richard Ryan takes a look in his signature slow-mo way:

If you don’t remember the original 9mm R.I.P. Ammunition, hit up that post for a refresh.  It’s scary looking stuff but proven not that great.

I would NOT want to get hit with a round of that.  Hell I don’t want to get hit with .22 LR either.

300-blackout-AAC-Ammunition-Ammo-RIPIf you check out Richard’s other channel YouTube.com/GUNS he shoots Cheetos, Cookie dough, a pineapple and some other random stuff for lulz with the ammo.

Richard is wearing the California No Right To Bear Arms shirt from ENDO Apparel.

Lobo June 12, 2014 at 03:38 am

If I am seeing that right, there is some type of explosion in the gel after impact. As I recall “exploding” ammo is illegal per BATFE as a “destructive device”.

Scott June 12, 2014 at 05:07 am

Yeah – what is causing that?

TacticalAsYou June 13, 2014 at 02:11 am

I’m sure there is significant cavitation, however the mini explosion in the gel is a phenomenon called after effects.

GreenMountain Human June 14, 2014 at 04:31 am

It’s called sonoluminesence, not after effects. As Confusias and Jim Jones state below, watch Destin’s videos at Smarter Every Day. Watch his AK underwater videos for a good explanation. GY6 vids also shot a video where this happened to him.

That Creepy Guy June 17, 2014 at 12:28 am

Man I don’t carry how it’s happening all i know is it gives me a rager when does.

Confusias June 12, 2014 at 05:24 am

It is caused by the rapid collapse of the cavitation bubble created by the projectile after entry. Destin with Smarter Every Day did a video of what happens when you shoot a gun under water and the effect is very similar.

Jim Jones June 12, 2014 at 07:10 am

Negative. The Rayleigh-Plesset equation explains it all. The guy from SmaterterEveryDay on Youtube explained with nice footage by shooting guns underwater. Physics boys. Physics. Same thing happens in the gel.

Critter June 12, 2014 at 11:13 am

i like how this ammo acts just like the old Federal 125gr .357 mag, only on a larger scale. in recent years it’s de rigeur that one’s bullet hold together and the jacket not separate from the core, etc. when the bullet flies through gel or bad guys. i think that Federal, and later Remington, had the right idea from the stand point of terminal ballistics.

CrunkleRoss June 12, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Those little bits don’t have enough mass to do much damage even if they by chance hit something vital. The bullet hanging together expanding and deep penetration is the correct answer IMO. The problem with ballistic jello is that all the dramatic effect, especially in slow motion, makes things look effective when they may not be when used against people.

hydepark June 12, 2014 at 02:59 pm

This ammo has been proven over and over by multiple sources to be nothing more than a gimmick. In fact, it regularly under-performs. Why are we still seeing anything about this stuff?

That Creepy Guy June 17, 2014 at 12:27 am

Cause it looks sick in slow mo I guess. I will be sticking with my Hornady loads however.