Chris Rock Says He Got Death Threats For His Gun Control Views

So he backed off:

“I went to D.C. There was like, some rally about gun control,” he said. “I’m not like a gun … like, ‘Get rid of all the guns,’ but I just don’t think people should have machine guns in their house.”

“So I went down there and I, you know, spoke a little bit about, a little bit on gun control. And then I got all these crazy emails and texts back from people cursing me out on my website, like, ‘I’ll kill you! I’ll kill you, you bastard, I’ll shoot you in the head!’ And I was like, ‘You know what? This ain’t worth it,'” he said, adding, jokingly, “You need a machine gun to go against the gun people!”

I’m assuming this “demand a plan” crap is what got him the death threats.

Chris-RockHe definitely peaked a long time ago.  That said, whoever threatens someones life over their views on gun control or anything else is an idiot.

Seb July 1, 2014 at 03:33 am

gross

JRKey July 1, 2014 at 03:40 am

Chris Rock on ENDO….that’s a first – and last I hope.

MrMaigo July 1, 2014 at 06:05 am

Kill the fucker!

Jim Jones July 1, 2014 at 07:25 am

Probably also found out that being anti-gun is not so great for business.

Los July 1, 2014 at 10:18 am

Chris Rock isn’t so bad. He’s still funny…just depends on the demographic. That said, he’s not that anti-gun to back down only after a few emails.

Grindstone July 1, 2014 at 04:22 pm

The fuck do these assholes hope to accomplish with their empty threats? They do nothing but hurt the cause.

Los July 1, 2014 at 04:35 pm

It furthers the negative mind state of the gun control advocates towards pro gun advocates. Its a subtle way of stereo-typing pro gun advocates as crazy and violent. Not that chelsea has that big of a following, but all thats needed is the sound-bite. To answer your question, they’re doing nothing for the cause. Just like the idiots toting AR’s and AK’s at chipotle.

John F. July 1, 2014 at 05:04 pm

CH is lookin’ rough. She needs to reboot before it’s too late but she won’t.

hydepark July 1, 2014 at 05:12 pm

I’d like to see the proof, myself. Death threats are a pretty serious deal. If they are real, that is. If not, who paid him (or more likely brainwashed) to say this? Also, he said he is a gun owner. I’m gonna need proof of that, too.

But, thanks for getting more into politics lately, Mike. I know it isn’t (or hasn’t been) your cup of tea, but a lot of us like hearing this stuff. Keeps us up to date.

jim bob July 1, 2014 at 05:58 pm

death threats my ass, it was his wife on the other phone in the living room.

paul kimble July 2, 2014 at 08:30 pm

Chris who?

antigun November 1, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Google Chris Rock’s movies, “Lethal Weapon 4” and “kill the messenger” to see the REAL CHRIS ROCK and how passionate he is about gun control. WHAT A HIPOCRITE just like Ben AFflect and the rest of the anti gun nuts.