Shotgun Suppressors From Silencerco

They call it the “Salvo”.  Neva been done befo:

Epic, but I could have done without the slow motion sound / video in this case.  I made the “neva been done befo” joke because of course you likely remember when Red Jacket Firearms made the 5 foot long derp suppressor for shotguns (see test firing here).

On Silencerco’s website they do a lot of flexin that they are the first and only commercially viable shotgun suppressor on earth.   Cool that this thing is only $1400, and user configurable.  What about Metrogun though?

I really hope Silencerco gets ABsuperman out to their facilities for some T&E:

Silencerco-Suppressor-Shotgunhaha good stuff. Do you like the name “Salvo”? I don’t particular like it, although I suppose it does have some meanings in different languages that relate nicely such as “safe”, “well”, “unharmed” etc..

Markus July 22, 2014 at 05:43 am

Huh? If that’s the first and only commercially viable shotgun suppressor on earth I’d really like to see their definition of “commercially viable”… or maybe earth.

Over here in Europe shotgun surpressors are readily available in quite a few countries, have been for years and for a fraction of their rather hefty price tag.

dogxhead July 22, 2014 at 06:24 am

‘Merica is the whole Earth. You live in outer darkness, that place Grandpa bombed back to the stone age. I joke. But what about that girls “chick lean” in the Red Jacket video?!

ENDO-Mike July 22, 2014 at 09:56 am

LOL yea no kidding.

lolinski July 22, 2014 at 10:58 am

Was about to mention that. Hushpower suppressors have been available for a long time.

Nathanael S. July 22, 2014 at 08:25 am

Pretty sure a salvo refers to a discharge of multiple firearms (or cannon, release of bombs, etc). Sort of similar to ‘volley’. Still makes about as much sense, since there’s only one going off at a time…

John Fritz July 22, 2014 at 07:04 pm

I’ll tell you what I thought was epic, that guy successfully hitting all those clay birds on their way back down.

What, was popping them while going up too easy?

TAOFLEDERMAUS July 26, 2014 at 06:41 am

Cool, I can shoot skeet in my backyard and the home owner’s association won’t get upset.