Using An Airsoft Gun For Self Defense In The UK

Against a UK knife attack specifically in this video.  I don’t know whether to cry or LOL:

I’m assuming “pretending” your toy gun is real, all while having a realistic looking toy gun is not going to do you any favors when it comes to staying out of Jail.  “But.. but… officer I was carrying around this realistic looking handgun just in case some guy with a knife tried to attack me!”… Something tells me that wouldn’t go over well.

Legal ramifications aside.. how sad is it that there is nothing people in the UK can protect themselves with there besides a phone call to the police?  I wonder if you could carry a baseball glove and bat around all the time with you and operate under the guise of “Just ALWAYS going to baseball practice officer” haha that might work but you’d definitely need the glove to look the part.

Nikki-TurpeauxThoughts?

Hat tip: JohnnyIShootStuff

JohnnyIShootStuff January 13, 2015 at 03:02 am

Eliminating distance between you and your chav attacker is always good advice.

overkill556x45 January 13, 2015 at 06:42 am

Duh. Everyone knows a knife is always better than a gun. Better sit down with the Bud K catalog before trouble finds you. Cane swords ftw.

raisedby_dogs January 13, 2015 at 05:46 am

I will be totally honest, this is how every single person who refers to themselves as a “prepper” looks to me. Just a guy trying to shoot trouble in the eye with an airsoft gun.

Drew January 13, 2015 at 07:06 am

SMH

Allen January 13, 2015 at 07:17 am

A chap could always join the droogs.

Taylor January 13, 2015 at 09:30 am

Not sure about England, but in Poland you need a license to carry around a baseball bat. Yes really.
This just reminds me of the scene in Snatch where they use the “replica” pistols against the deagle brand deagle.

anonymoose January 13, 2015 at 11:37 am

Except that no one plays baseball in Bongland. You’d do much better with a cricket bat. Baseball bats are seen as offensive weapons outside the Americas and East Asia. Whenever a riot breaks out in nofunz Europe, online sales of baseball bats suddenly spike for some odd reason…

st4 January 13, 2015 at 11:50 am

I still remember those headlines during the London riot not too many years back; Amazon UK baseball bat sales soared past 5,000%.

Brian January 13, 2015 at 02:17 pm

hockey stick works really well. Field hockey isn’t too uncommon there. If you’re going that route actually joining a club and playing occasionally is probably wise. Fun sport actually.

All joking about this guy aside; this is easily what the US could turn into.

Tom January 13, 2015 at 02:46 pm
Null January 13, 2015 at 03:24 pm

Yeah I’m pretty sure what this youtuber is recommending is illegal in the UK which is really sad, check this out:

“Airguns may be used only on land where the user has full permission to shoot. This may be one’s garden, or private land owned or leased by an individual or club. Wherever one shoots, must ensure that all of pellets remain within the boundary of the land to which shooting permission applies.”

Hell they even require registration of airguns, and have really strict pocket knife laws. Are they politicians over there or kindergarten teachers? There is such a thing as mollycoddling your citizens too much.

Steve January 14, 2015 at 04:17 pm

Air weapons don’t need to be registered in the UK unless so powerful they are classified as S1 firearms. Similarly small folding pocket knives with no locking mechanism (slip knives) and with blades under 3inches are legal to carry unless purpose is as offensive weapon.

it's my day off January 13, 2015 at 06:13 pm

ah god.. poor UK people. his friend looks so uncomfortable at the end.

James P January 14, 2015 at 12:34 am

As a former paintball ref, I was cringing at him waving that airgun around. Goggles are like two dollars.

Turner92 January 15, 2015 at 07:45 pm

Poor BritBongs :(

Mike January 18, 2015 at 09:53 am

My first thought was of the bar scene from Snatch.

The fact that you’ve got “Replica” written on the side of your gun… …and the fact that I’ve got “Desert Eagle .50 ” written on the side of mine… …should precipitate… …your balls into shrinking, along with your presence.