9mm Kriss Vector In Slow Motion

Coming from SHOT 2015 from Richard Ryan FullMag:

Richard-Ryan-Kriss-Vector-9mm

This 9mm Kriss is going to sell like crazy I bet.  I don’t know how well they did with their first .45 caliber one… I don’t really know anyone that owns one.  I’m guessing they must have did alright though, because making a 100% custom gun from the ground up can not be cheap.

Side note: Holy, Richard’s new “FullMag” intro sounded good on my system.

jeff January 20, 2015 at 04:21 am

this is how they should have made the weapon in the first place. the whole point of the kriss is that it has a different recoil system
the .45 does not showcase how effective it is . but the 9mm does!! look at it firing the 9mm (no recoil at all) in fact it looks like the softest 9mm sub gun i have ever seen
time for the mp5 to take a nap

Kestrelbike January 20, 2015 at 07:03 am

Plllz take oem glock mags….

Jim Jones January 20, 2015 at 07:06 am

I am pretty sure that’s their game.

KestrelBike January 20, 2015 at 12:25 pm

I thought I had made a reply, but apparently it got eaten or something… Anyways, thanks for the info, and I did a quick size comparison to see if regular G17 mags would theoretically fit (looks like it!): http://s5.postimg.org/f5kzh4qtj/image.png

ENDO-Mike January 20, 2015 at 12:27 pm

They fit in the .45… They are flush with the bottom. I’m assuming you’re right with the 9mm comparison and those should fit too.

dracon1201 January 20, 2015 at 07:08 am

That’s what they put in the gun.

Jim Jones January 20, 2015 at 07:06 am

Somebody wants to be able to compete with Sig’s new MPX. I was interested in the Vector in .45, but from what I’ve read, it is not the most reliable of firearms. Then I heard about the MPX, and I was waiting for it to come to market. For me, these new SMGs are just ideal for home defense. Shorter than a rifle, more stable than just a handgun, no worries about the overpenetration issues of rifle rounds. They are also what is going to finally push me into the NFA game. Barring bad reviews of the MPX, I am headed for a suppressed SBR MPX.

dracon1201 January 20, 2015 at 07:09 am

Agreed, MPX over this. The price difference is enough to make it worth it.

ENDO-Mike January 20, 2015 at 11:57 am

Maybe (hopefully) they will drop the price to compete!

Jesse August 4, 2015 at 12:48 pm

The right rifle rounds won’t over penetrate. The reason a lot of us have switched to SBR’s. Rifle energy, nearly subgun size, will penetrate soft body armor but fragments quickly to not over penetrate. If you are a reloader and a glock fan then this is a great cost effective way to have a primary subgun and pistol that you can save money on magainzes and rounds and still have 2 platforms for cqb environments.

derpmaster January 20, 2015 at 08:00 am

I’d bet that these guys have lost their shirts on the Kriss project. The whole Kriss experiment must have cost several million dollars in R&D/tooling/marketing and I doubt they have sold very many guns at all. The 9mm will “sell like crazy” to whom, exactly? This kind of gun only makes sense as a full auto, which basically means your only customer is the government, where the MP5 has been established for decades (and in many cases is being replaced by rifle caliber carbines). It’s a neat design but unless they somehow get a big government contract for these things either in the US or abroad, this gun is nothing more than a gun store curio.

ENDO-Mike January 20, 2015 at 11:58 am

I would have assumed they lost their shirts initially too… But if that’s the case how do they have the money to bankroll this 9mm? Just some rich dude owner doing it as a hobby?

derpmaster January 20, 2015 at 04:07 pm

Probably private investors. There are a lot of people in this world who can afford to blow $100k+ on derpy companies.

That being said, I bet the move from 45 to 9mm was about a quarter million dollars. The system was already proven on the 45, going to the lower powered cartridge is a far smaller challenge than designing the thing from the ground up. Designing the 45 variant had to be several million dollars, unless one of the founders is a really good mechanical engineer/cad jockey.

Lolinski January 21, 2015 at 07:34 am

Eh, other way. 9×19 has much more pressure than .45 acp.

Jared January 20, 2015 at 02:25 pm

They sell a semiauto 16″ barrel civilian unit. They are pretty popular but a bit on the spendy side.

Jesse August 4, 2015 at 12:49 pm

If they could get the hughes amendment overturn for say pistol calibers then people would love it.

Mattv2099 January 20, 2015 at 08:05 am

its neat i guess but I don’t understand why anyone would buy one that is semi-auto. but maybe that is the utilitarian gun owner in me. I don’t understand collecting fancy or cool looking guns. just give me 10 AK’s, 10 glocks and a usfa zip 22lr and I’m happy forever.

is this a gun people would buy because it looks cool and is different or maybe it was their favorite gun in call of duty? or does it provide some function that other cheaper guns cannot?

ENDO-Mike January 20, 2015 at 12:00 pm

LOL the zip. I’m never sure if you’re trolling with that, or if you actually love it.

I think people mainly shit a brick over the Kriss because it takes Glock mags + looks cool.

Jared January 20, 2015 at 02:27 pm

Agreed. I’ve been looking for a 9mm carbine that takes Glock mags that isn’t a piece of shit and looks “alright”.

Leonard January 20, 2015 at 08:25 am

This is nothing more than Kriss trying to jump on the 9mm bandwagon now that it’s cool again. There’s a reason why the .45 ACP version never saw commercial success: it was a giant fancy looking turd, as in a finicky jam’o’matic with mediocre accuracy.

It offers no advantages from a similarly sized weapon with decent brake/compensator, other than looking different and costing twice as much.

EricSM March 16, 2015 at 12:05 am

Boom. Leonard nailed it. Every point. Bandwagon like all the “civilian sheepdogs” because of all the so called experts claiming wondernine or nothing so all of a sudden its cool now and not gay to carry a 9. The best 1k pdw 2k can buy..

umop_3pisdn January 20, 2015 at 08:58 am

i dont know anyone who has a kriss-anything either. makes me wonder how much cash they’ve burned getting it to where it is now as a toy.

overkill556x45 January 20, 2015 at 10:09 am

I would buy a small, light 9mm smg in semi auto if it a) took glock magazines and B) was less than $600. The kriss is a neat idea, but it’s $1800 for the semi auto one. Or, you could build a lightweight 14.5″ AR for half of that and end up with a more capable gun. I like a good smg (love the mp5sd6) but their days are numbered as short ARs are taking their place. And a ~$2000 sub gun is probably DOA on the civilian market.

Side note, I’d buy a CX4 9MM tomorrow if it was $500-$600. Once you go over $750, you’re in home-build AR territory.

ENDO-Mike January 20, 2015 at 12:01 pm

I agree, way too expensive for the .45… Hopefully they drop the price to compete.

overkill556x45 January 20, 2015 at 02:20 pm

Given the complexity of the design, I doubt that’s possible. If a guy wanted to make a mint, he’d rip off the Hi Point 996, make it with better materials, and make it take glock mags.

derpmaster January 20, 2015 at 03:49 pm

Or just copy Kel Tec designs, build them out of materials other than compressed rust and sadness, improve the functionality, and actually build enough of them so that people can buy them without waiting 12 months or paying 2x MSRP on gunbroker. Aka exactly what Ruger did with their pocket pistols.

ENDO-Mike January 20, 2015 at 04:11 pm

bwhahhaha actual LOL at “compressed rust and sadness”.

overkill556x45 January 20, 2015 at 04:51 pm

I agree 10000%. The only pistol cal carbines that will survive the AR takeover will be cheap, but good ones. I’d buy an SR9 carbine if it took SR9 mags and was under my $600 limit. Ideally it would compete with middling AKs ($550ish).

anonymoose January 20, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Screw 9mm, I want a Kriss in .440 Cor-bon!

ENDO-Mike January 20, 2015 at 12:03 pm

For me the grail cartridge is 9×57mm Mauser

Taylor January 20, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Won’t even think about it until it’s in .50 Beowulf. Although I must say, with the tan color and that stock (Magpul?), this new version looks badass.

JoelC January 21, 2015 at 05:25 am

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the CZ Skorpion with all the talk about carbines. For $800 those of you who live in free states can get a suppressor, the stock, and the carbine for what either this or the Sig MPX costs.

Those that want to go real cheap and low capacity, get the Taurus(reviews seem to suggest it is fairly reliable) or the Hi-Point.

Someone will take this mechanism, simply it, and make it more reliable. We will see it again in 20 years when the patents are up. My money is on Royal Nonesuch:P

JoelC January 21, 2015 at 05:27 am

I meant $800 for the pistol version to convert into an SBR, although I think the full carbine version will be priced close to that.

royal nonesuch August 11, 2015 at 09:06 pm

??

sivl32 January 21, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Finally!! I have been wanting a 9mm or 22lr version of this gun since i first saw it years ago.. I need this.. Saving starts now!

LOU GAEFKE June 8, 2015 at 05:43 pm