Children And Recoil – Be Safe Or Be Dead

Wow this was close:

Ok if this is actually real, then the camera man must have had multiple bullet whizz past either side of him.  Scary stuff.

AK-47-Kool-AidI think sometimes adults take a child’s confidence as a false reassurance that they can handle the gun in question.  Kids do NOT know how much an AK, or an UZI, or a MAC-11 etc.. kicks because they aren’t old and experienced.  Sure I imagine there are some operator kids that have seen some shit, but until that if you care about their life and your own you should probably refrain from handing them even a semi-auto and hitting them with the “go wild” type opportunity.  You’re going to probably have a bad time.  The fact the AK in the video was on AUTO blew my mind.

Hat tip: Chris

Guy May 21, 2015 at 01:14 am

Syria? Syria.

Guy May 21, 2015 at 01:15 am

Takbir. Aloha Snackbar.

Kestrelbike May 21, 2015 at 05:54 am

Thank god that wasn’t in America at some Arizona range.

Disco May 21, 2015 at 06:49 am

With an UZI. That would suck.

achmed May 21, 2015 at 06:47 am

Welcome to the Arab world, hold fuckity derpa derp derp.

Although as the other poster pointed out we had the same thing in Arizona.

Denver Chris May 23, 2015 at 11:58 am

Am I the only one who doesn’t feel bad at ALL for the instructor in that Arizona “accidental” (read: purely negligent) death?

Jeep May 25, 2015 at 02:14 am

No you ain’t. I just feel sad for the kid who’ll have to live with that.

Disco May 21, 2015 at 07:03 am

In all seriousness, I see this more than I care to from adult males who should know better.
They’ll take their daughter or some other female who doesn’t really want to be there and rent an automatic weapon and top it off and they’ve never seen such a weapon before. They’ll want to take videos or pictures to post on youtube or ar15.com or something to show how they have a daughter or a girlfriend who “is a real annie oakley”. And they’ll shoot up the roof or just really not want to hold it and they’ll get chided being told “I didn’t pay all those rental fees for you not to shoot”.

Then there are Range people who will come out and get gropey with a college age girl saying “our machine guns, our rules” and now on top of holding a freaking frightening automatic weapon they’ve got a warthog with B.O. getting up behind her while doofus is taking pictures.

So…that’s why I don’t patronize C3 ranges anymore.

If you are going to take an inexperienced, young female do so respectfully as you would an inexperienced, young male.

Shooting can be a fun sport and a proud discipline. But it can also be a traumatic life altering/ending event with zero sum margins of error.

achmed May 21, 2015 at 07:13 am

Yeah amen. The video looks like the Arab world and having served there my give a fuck meter is at zero. But we see way to much of this here. It’s amazing we don’t have more accidents given some people’s dumbass attitudes. It speaks to the basic simplicity of firearms safety and the good design of most guns in circulation, I guess.

pod May 21, 2015 at 09:46 am

Agreed. My girlfriend wanted to get in on the shooting experience. I didn’t hand her a select-fire AK or a Deagle. I handed her a Beretta Px4 Storm 9mm subcompact. Of course only after going over the four rules and manual of arms. Eased her into it by letting her fire a string of five, that sort of thing. Fast forward a year and she’s her CWFL (concealed carry) and can’t wait to buy guns of her own. She even has opinions. “Your VP9 is better than the Beretta. I think I want something by H&K”.

If I handed her a Deagle and said “have at it”, she would have fired it, got scared, kicked me in the crotch, and walked away.

jim bob May 22, 2015 at 02:02 pm

“she would have fired it, kicked me in the crotch, and walked away.”

some of us pay good american money to get that treatment.

hextone May 22, 2015 at 05:28 pm

Well said, +1.

Vitsaus May 21, 2015 at 08:25 am

If this was all in english, she’d be a beloved youtuber.

Jon May 21, 2015 at 02:06 pm

How that cameraman didn’t end up with a face-full of lead is beyond me…..

T May 21, 2015 at 11:51 pm

If I was the guy filming I probably would have filled my pants and screamed like a baby.

Great comments on introducing people to shooting… Not just girls too (although that seems to be the majority) but handing someone a large (.45 and up) pistol or whatnot is never the good option… Goddamn Gander Mountain.

Patrick May 27, 2015 at 10:35 am

I’ve intro’d kids from 4 (my own) up through 16 – probably 10 of them. Never had a problem.

In case someone does not already know, here are some thoughts:

– Hold the barrel of the rifle with the little kids while they shoot that .22lr. Don’t ever give a new young shooter a pistol for their first shot.

– Load one round in the mag, then maybe two if they are OK. Don’t drop 30 in the hole and be shocked when you get a surprise mag dump.

– Full Auto is not for little kids who have never shot before. Just don’t.

– It’s not funny if they get scared or shocked. Really. Don’t be a dick.

And if none of that makes sense…

– Don’t ever hand a gun to a kid, because you’re an idiot.