Rock the Kasbah Trailer

Gatorade-Talibade-Taliban-Jihad-Drink-OriginalBill Murray is alright I guess, but I’m the most psyched about Kenny Powers and Jess from New Girl being in it.

I still feel like this movie has been done 15 times already in the last decade.  I feel like that about most movies.

Slick June 14, 2015 at 12:36 am

Bill Murray has not aged well…..

Gizmo June 14, 2015 at 12:49 am
Rootbeer Joe June 14, 2015 at 01:59 am

Wasn’t this a John Cusack flick? +fucking 10 on movies feeling all the same. Mad Max being probably the only worthwhile thing I’ve seen in ten years

AJ187 June 14, 2015 at 07:00 am

Mad max was awesome. Went to it last night. They really got the character right.

Bro-ham June 15, 2015 at 07:01 am

WTF is it with people giving Mad Max a blind pass??? The movie was okay, but nothing spectacular. Short list, possibly movie spoliers:

Full of Action: Yes
Full of Plot Holes: Yes
Character Development: No
Feminist Driven Plot: Yes
Female as Lead Character: Yes

Max literally had nothing to do with the movie, other than be present to use the franchise name. You could’ve put any mute post apocalyptic ass-wagon in his place and the movie still would’ve been the same: Charlize Theron (devoted anti-gun tool) running and gunning in the desert with a loosely scripted agenda. The movie sold itself because it was basically a Michael Bay wet dream; no plot, just tons of over the top stupid action special effects bukkake extravaganza.

DaveP. June 15, 2015 at 11:55 am

There was’t a damn thing wrong with the original, and Charlize “Guns r like bad, mkay?!” Theron can’t hold a candle to Virginia Hey.

Critter June 14, 2015 at 04:50 am

He’s getting a little old for the Caddyshack schtick.

thatturahguy June 14, 2015 at 06:33 am

If memory serves, the “Kasbah” was a ghetto, astonishingly packed with humanity, built on a hillside in Tunisia or Morocco. Had nothing to do with Afghanistan.

KestrelBike June 14, 2015 at 01:33 pm

Kasbah is just a name for medieval islamic fortresses, but they’d be heavily populated because inside the fortress walls was where the protection was. Kasbah then took to mean any heavily populated area (ironically, ghetto is the term from the same era where jews were forced to live in isolation in huge metropolitan areas) in islamic lands. So, Algeria, India, Morocco, Tunisie, wherever, they got Kasbahs.

overkill556x45 June 14, 2015 at 12:03 pm

What will probably ruin this movie for me is that I once drove from Jalalabad to Kabul (BAF) with one other soldier in a Toyota hi-lux in December of 2004. Bill Murray should have called me in as a consultant.

yallan June 16, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Yeah but if Zooey Deschanel went to Afghanistan in real life, she would totally go missing.

Squirreltakular June 17, 2015 at 10:44 am

If you had briefed me on the plot before showing me this trailer, I may have wanted to see it. Now? Literally nothing in the world could interest me less than this.