Sicario – Trailer

Cartels gonna cartel:

Intennnnnnnnse!  I can’t pinpoint why for certain, but I’m not a big fan of Emily Blunt.  I think it’s maybe because she is the same way in EVERY movie she’s in.

I really like cartel related movies.  The Schwarzenegger one called “Sabotage” was pretty decent, but I’d have to say the best one I’ve seen in the past couple years has to go to “End of Watch“… that movie was awesome.

sicaro-movie-posterI know I’ve mentioned this before, but Mexico officially scares the shit out of me.  I don’t plan on going back.  I managed not to be murdered, die of alcohol poisoning or food poisoning the first time on spring break, I think it’s asking too much to have that happen again.

Sicaro will be in theaters Sept 2015.

netrunner June 22, 2015 at 12:49 am

I’m very excited for this one. same director as prisoners and almost won at Cannes

Shooter McGavin June 22, 2015 at 02:21 am

End of watch was badass and Prisoners comes in right behind it.

Matt Bellia June 22, 2015 at 03:40 am

Looks awesome! Guess I should check out Prisoners.

Disco June 22, 2015 at 07:09 am

End of Watch was a bitter affair for me.
I remember being young and how my dad sat through Platoon ONCE. He was pissed the rest of the day.

I now understand completely. I was bitterly angry and almost walked out.

EOW had a lot of Hollywood fuck fantasy in it. The dyke butch cop partners chumping out a rookie instead og helping. The bullshit girlfriend drama. The other stuff I mentally blocked.

But the small shit. The real shit. The things that you could feel or smell. Like Gyllenhaal constantly adjusting his vest. The leaving the car in gear on an oh shit stop by accident, and just other things that crossed the uncanny valley.

I’ll never watch it again.

yallan June 25, 2015 at 03:04 pm

So is that a positive or negative estimation?

KestrelBike June 22, 2015 at 09:02 am

Looks awesome and like something I’d like to watch in the theaters, so I turned off the trailer after 1min so the whole fucking movie wasn’t spoiled. Whoever is cutting trailers these days needs to be cut in the fucking arteries.

zach June 22, 2015 at 09:27 am

Agreed. Trailers today are more spoiler than preview.

Disco June 22, 2015 at 09:51 am

Indeed.

Best trailer ever was the first Terminator 2 trailer. If all you knew was Terminator 1 then it was epic. It showed another Terminator being built and ready to mess something up.

Contrast to the new Terminator where John Connor is the bad guy. PROBABLY didn’t need to know that until I saw the movie. Plus seeing a 70 year old T800 is depressing.

Kevin June 22, 2015 at 10:40 am

I think you spelled “fucking awesome” wrong. You spelled it “depressing.”

Disco June 22, 2015 at 12:31 pm

That’s exactly what I want to see… Grumpy Old Terminators.

Yep. No possible way that could be stupid.

The First Terminator was bad ass. This hulking, heavily muscled killing machine just laying waste to police stations and punker joints. He just saw what he wanted and took it. Like a barbarian.

Terminator 2 he was a little older and thinner but embraced the biker spiel. He felt capable and military. But won you over and the ending was like out of Shane.

T3 was just….uugh. a PARODY of T2. Arnold is just noticeably older. He just is long in the tooth.

T4 had a computer Arnold that was young again with Dirk Diggler hair. But…it was CGI.

And now Arnold is in the AARP and I’m not like some bad ass but I’m sure I could beat the hell out of Arnold. And it would be elder abuse. Like…he would cry. And seeing old people cry makes me feel like shit. Daenarys Tagaryn however looks like a 19 year despite being 30. Unlike Linda Hamilton who looked 40 despite being 25. And Sarah Connor was meant to be a teen mom bearing the world’s savior.

So I don’t know. I’ll still see it but it won’t be T2

Cubbie June 22, 2015 at 11:00 am

Haven’t seen many films with Emily Blunt, but she was great as the Angel of Verdun/Full Metal Bitch in Edge of Tomorrow. And don’t forget Traffic – another cartel film with Benicio del Toro that was fanstastic.

Agitator June 22, 2015 at 01:04 pm

This. Sweaty yoga Emily Blunt rocketed close to the top of my would bang list after seeing Edge of Tomorrow.

AJ187 June 22, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Sabatoge didn’t come together for me personally. EOW, I wasn’t a big fan of, but it had some interesting camera work. Ayer can do better but I also know Oliver Stone should of easily done better with his effort in Savages. That one I like because it captures some of the unrelenting, revolting viciousness of the Cartels. Del Toro is great in it as a (literally) filthy cartel kidnapper. He looks so much healthier and put together in this, I am excited.

By the way, I think it’s spelled Sicario. Also, I swear I spotted a Travis Haley lookalike at 1:18. Although it couldn’t be him cause he would be using a C clamp with his M4, right?

Also, on my list is the documentary Cartel Land. That looks pretty good. And yes, I never want to go to mexico again.

T June 22, 2015 at 11:31 pm

It was close, but the guy in the trailer has facial hair! No way it could be Haley… Although I did do a double take

LearnItalianWithInstructorZero June 22, 2015 at 02:40 pm

I have no idea how people can vacation in Mexico without any worry at all. Granted the cartels usually leave the tourist areas alone, but it’s entirely possible you could end up in the back of a van with your hands cut off because you looked at the wrong guy.

KestrelBike June 22, 2015 at 05:27 pm

That and I don’t want to support the mexican economy/gov in any way shape or form with my $$$. They love sending us their poorest people (without doing jackshit to improve their peoples lot in life… it’s more lucrative to have illegals come into the US, not have to spend pesos on them in mexico, and let those people send $USD back to mexico), can’t control their own gov. forces against the cartels (they’re basically two sides of the same coin) and are hypocrites in basically every possible way. Fuck mexico.

FatAlSharpton June 23, 2015 at 08:33 am

Thanks, I just went full Texan.
I remember when La Raza pulled that marching-in-the-streets / day-without-a-mexican garbage.

Until now, when priscilla pant-wad asks why I own a black baby-killing assault rifle ghost gun that can dispense 30 bullets in half a second, I’ve always said,
“Because the Framers of the Constitution put a couple of big Fuck Yous in there. So, Fuck You, that’s why.”

With reasonable people, I point out that being able to accurate dispense death into a violent mob is a great way to disperse it. Or for other large masses of violent and insensate beasts.

With your wisdom, I can now say, “Because my fellow countrymen are too stupid to realize that the $100 Billion a year they pump into drug cartels acts as an incentive to the most violent and dangerous men in the world to enter and operate in my country. I intend to respond accordingly.”

There was a time when I thought the “war on drugs,” was propaganda. After hearing about Los Zetas, I think the public reporting has been softened for the weak stomached.

yallan June 25, 2015 at 03:18 pm

Considering how much practice they get the killers on government payroll that Toro plays here are probably some of the best pistol fighters in the world.

tincankilla June 22, 2015 at 04:38 pm

this looks cool, but also like a propaganda film to spur support for more boondoggley cash monie$. would be awesome if the end credits were to peter tosh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABc8ciT5QLs

Raisedby_dogs June 23, 2015 at 08:07 am

Damn, Mexico. You scary. Emily Blunt bugs me because her face never changes.

Peppy June 23, 2015 at 09:16 am

Got off the Emily Blunt train as soon as I read husband and kids. My fantasy life needs to know there’s at least a theoretical chance.

ENDO-Mike June 23, 2015 at 03:18 pm

Hah ya I have that same rule.

FatAlSharpton June 23, 2015 at 03:17 pm

I’m contact, my girl is cover. In the event she gets splattered with skull and brain, she’s iikely to say something like, “He was warned.”

thebronze June 24, 2015 at 08:54 pm

It looks good and I can’t wait until it comes out. But it was the same with Savages. Savages sucked hairy Afghani Yak balls.

John Drake September 9, 2015 at 01:43 pm

I live in Mexico and it’s hard to tell the goods guys from bad guys. Cartel and police same same. Military is the one that goes after cartel but only when its convenient. Guys on the corner with phone watching troop movements to call in. Maybe there are no good guys?’

I can’t wait for this movie. Another good one is The Counselor. Be afraid, be very afraid.