Guns and Starbucks Coffee – I thought Brady got hacked

My first thought was that I was on the wrong site…

Then I looked again at the URL and sure enough it was http://www.bradycampaign.org/

Did they get hacked? NOPE.. All real.

These stories I post about are getting more and more ridiculous every day! :lol:

I love that altered logo they did!  If I were Starbucks, I’d adopt that for a “National Open Carry Day” and embrace the movement with free coffee if you are carrying a gun (wishful thinking I know :P )

Check out the actual petition – HERE

These individuals who have been carrying guns into Starbucks have all the firepower of a SWAT team, and none of the law enforcement training.

joe February 4, 2010 at 09:53 pm

Quote:

My guess is that they are better trained.

Mike February 5, 2010 at 12:54 am

A billion kudos to Starbucks for the time being. Perhaps the person who said that quote should look into some police shootings. There’s a good post on this website about a police shooting in Las Vegas. The suspect fired four shots if I remember correctly, and the police officers fired eighty-one shots in return. Must be all of that “law enforcement training.”

Aaron Geisler February 5, 2010 at 09:46 am

I went to Starbucks.com and sent sent them a comment thanking them for supporting legal open carry. They need to hear from us too.

Admin (Mike) February 5, 2010 at 12:14 pm

Good idea Aaron!

bob r February 5, 2010 at 10:11 am

Starbucks is headquartered in Washington State. Where we’ve had licensed concealed carry for close to 50 years and one of the highest rates of permit holders in the country. Where open carry is legal just about everywhere — and always has been. Where I’ve never (as in ever) seen a “no guns allowed” sign on _any_ type of business. Where numerous alternatives to Starbucks abound.

I don’t think this will get much traction.

Admin (Mike) February 5, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Hopefully they don’t fold on the issue for some lame political reason!

Dave February 5, 2010 at 03:57 pm
Admin (Mike) February 5, 2010 at 05:19 pm

nice! That definitely beats the brady frown one.

Don March 1, 2010 at 07:33 am

I just tried to send Starbucks thank you message but it kept saying something wrong so I gave up. As a cop it does not hinder me from carrying, however I stand for everyone’s rights not just my own. I do not give buisness to places with their “come rob us sticker” on the door.

Admin (Mike) March 1, 2010 at 02:35 pm

I tried to redeem a free drink by filling out a survey on their site the other day and I got a PHP error :( maybe they are having web issues.

That’s good to hear you are one of the good cops that believe in rights for everyone.

Those “gun free zone” stickers or signs you mention are hilarious… I’m sure that stops a lot of crime :roll: If every business put those up you would be out of a job! hehe

SKOOTER March 16, 2011 at 12:42 am

I LIVE (BORN AND RAISED) AND CARRY CONCEALED HERE IN WA. STATE. WHERE DO I FIND THOSE SHIRTS I LOVE GUNS AND COFFEE? SAW A BUNCH OF THOSE VELCRO PATCHES AT THIS PAST WEEKENDS GUN SHOW IN MONROE,WASHINGTON FOR THE W.A.C. (WASHINGTON ARMS COLLECTORS) BUT NO SHIRTS.

Punish3r March 16, 2011 at 03:06 am

I own two and found them at the local gun show (WAC). Im sure they have a web site/contact info but I lost it as I now live in Alaska.