Finger Gun Makes 13 Year Old Texas Girl A Terrorist

“I was shooting the markers at the front of the board,” Taylor Trostle said. “It was just like this and I was like ‘pow pow’ and then she just turned around.”

Taylor was sent to the principal’s office and immediately suspended for three days. Her write up says the finger gun was pointed in the teacher’s direction.

“That was considered a terroristic threat because the teacher feared for her life,” Kristin Trostle said.

Full Story – HERE

What is this world coming to?

If an person is “threatened” by some kid making a gun with their finger, then they should be the ones taking a break and getting some help.  I can’t even believe that the school’s code of conduct is supporting the teacher in this ridiculous claim.

As much as I poke fun at the UK.. If there is even a slight chance that this incident screws up this honor roll girl’s future, there is really something wrong with our country.

13 COMMENTS - JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD YOUR OWN

Steven S. April 20, 2010 at 12:05 am

Wait? So every time that we played “Army” or “Cops and Robbers” on the playground, we were actually doing terrorist threats at each other?

Well I guess it is back to building IFD’s (Improvised Finger Devices)

Too Far? Maybe.

Admin (Mike) April 20, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Looks like it Steven. But I guess its not a terror threat unless someone feels “threatened”…. thank god we made it through our childhood without being reported :roll:

Zachg56 April 20, 2010 at 12:57 am

It makes perfect sense actually…you see….

the teachers an idiot

Aaron Spuler April 20, 2010 at 08:36 am

Really? If a teacher fears for her life because a finger is pointed at her then this lady needs to be checked in to a mental institution for evaluation. My friend’s wife teaches for the Cy-Fair school district (elementary art) and there’s no way that she would be threatened by a finger gun. I wonder what caliber finger the student was pointing, if it was hollow point or full jacketed, and what fps rating for the finger gun was?

Jim April 20, 2010 at 09:54 am

Only if the finger was accompanied with a “I’m gonna cap you [expletive],” then the teacher could be reasonably afraid. Otherwise we use terrorism as an excuse too easily.

Admin (Mike) April 20, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I agree Jim, if the kid actually made a serious threat against the teachers life (finger or no finger pointed) then there would be cause for alarm. In the context of this incident I don’t even know how this teacher wasn’t laughed at when just reported the girl as a terrorist.

Aleksandr Mravinsky April 20, 2010 at 06:23 pm

If you are in fear of your life because a thirteen year-old girl happens to be pointing her finger at you then you need to go in for some serious psychiatric evaluation. Honest, no sane person would be afraid of this.

Hawk April 20, 2010 at 11:15 pm
Admin (Mike) April 21, 2010 at 12:44 am

hahaha wow I forgot all about that post. Even my prediction wasn’t as ludicrous as what actually happened to this girl… terrorist threats and all :P

Antibubba April 21, 2010 at 04:40 pm

I see a lawsuit coming…

Admin (Mike) April 22, 2010 at 01:31 am

I sure hope so. It would be nice to see a follow up story: “finger gun lawsuit pays for Harvard tuition”

ActaNonVerba May 18, 2010 at 11:05 pm

1) “terroristic threats” is a stupid over-the-top term
2) teacher “fearing for her life” is overly-dramatic.
3) “suspension” seems excessive

HOWEVER, I think this kid was intentionally playing head games and being disrespectful. I think the little girl is lying through her teeth (probably coached by her mother) in saying that she was pretending to shoot at the markers on the board. I find it highly likely that, because she said “pew pew” rather than “pow pow” that she was mocking Clint Eastwood from the movie “Gran Torino”…….that she very much intended to be menacing. Lastly, I don’t think that there would be all this “outrage” if it were a middle school boy so there is a sexism/brainwashed chivalry aspect about that.

B_gerk January 4, 2013 at 08:24 pm

this is the shit thats makes kids flip out and start mass murders. now because this school has caused her to be picked on and maybe bullied at school. i would have went up to the school and started whopping ass lol.