What you get if you violate all 4 of Jeff Coopers “Rules of Firearm Safety”:
Philip Collopy, 29, a member of a gang in Limerick, Ireland, apparently did not realize his Glock 9mm pistol was loaded when he pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger in front of shocked onlookers.
Collopy, who was aligned to the Keane-Collopy gang in a long-running gangland feud, had emptied the magazine from the handgun, but there was still a bullet in the chamber.
Full Story – HERE
Seeing as he was a member of a gang in Limerick, I figured this post deserved a good related Limerick poem. I failed to come up with anything that didn’t violate the rules of form though (HERE).
Can you guys come up with anything good?
- For those that are not familiar with the late Marine Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper’s rules of firearm safety:
- All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. (For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)
- Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target. This is the Golden Rule. Its violation is directly responsible for about 60 percent of inadvertent discharges.
- Identify your target, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified.