Snap On Beretta Suppressor For Assassins

A few things I find very interesting about this supperssor and Beretta 92:

1. The suppressor snaps on as opposed to the other conventional spring loaded quick attachment, or the standard thread on.
  2. There are new sights built into the suppressor. Damn good idea considering the factory sights on pistols are blocked by the hight of most cans.
  3. The Beretta has a custom slide lock on it to keep the slide from cycling and ejecting the spent shell casing (“no evidence” for assassins)

Autoweapons.com actually has one of these currently for sale – HERE (Price unknown, you apparently need to email them to find it out)

According to the description:

7-2878 & 7B-2878 KNIGHTS ARMAMENT COMPANY/BERETTA 92F /XM-9(SNAP ON) HUSH PUPPY QUICK DETACH 9mm PISTOL AND SUPPRESSOR COMBO…. . THIS COMBO IS THE BERETTA 92F 9mm SEMI AUTO PISTOL CUSTOMIZED SLIDE LOCK FROM KNIGHTS ARMAMENT CO. WITH A SPECIAL MADE QUICK DETACH SUPPRESSOR THAT IS SMALL, COMPACT, VERY LIGHT AND SUPER QUIET… IT IS A QUICK DETACH UNIT WITH A SPECIAL BBL WHICH ALLOWS FOR INSTANT ON/INSTANT OFF MOUNTING, WITH A SNAP LEVER THAT IS ALSO THE REAR SITE ON THE SUPPRESSOR…ADDING EVEN MORE TO THIS PACKAGE IS A CUSTOM FITTED KAC DESIGNED H/D SLIDE LOCK, WHICH IN PLACE KEEPS THE SLIDE FROM CYCLING AND EJECTING THE SPENT SHELL CASING, MAKING THIS 9mm FIREARM VERY QUIET AND SUITED FOR “SPECIAL MISSIONS” PISTOL IN ITS’ FACTORY BOX … WITH 15 ROUND MAGAZINE…. A VERY RARE OFFERING OF A SELDOM AVAILABLE KAC ITEM. EMAIL FOR PRICE

Excuse the yelling… Whoever does the entries for that site must either be very angry or else have a stuck caps lock key.

15 COMMENTS - JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD YOUR OWN

Dan July 23, 2010 at 11:29 am

Solid Snake approves. Or, if you’ve seen Inception, just do what Leo does in the first scene of the movie ;) pretty slick and one of my favorite scenes that I was probably the only one in the theater to notice. Tangent, but man if you haven’t seen it yet Mike, do yourself a favor and go see it.

Admin (Mike) August 3, 2010 at 10:23 am

I still haven’t seen Inception, I definitely have to soon though!

Trent July 23, 2010 at 02:07 pm

I came to mention Leo’s “shoot and snatch” method from Inception too. I wondered if others in the audience noticed it at all and if they knew what he was doing. Of course, the sound of the shot would be much louder than the shell casing hitting the floor, even with the silencer in place. He was using a Beretta PX4, not sure which variant.

In “Mr. Brooks”, Costner’s character (Mr. Brooks) uses a suppressed PPK and avoided leaving the shell casing by fitting a plastic bag over his entire gun and hand, taped at the wrist.

El Duderino July 23, 2010 at 02:57 pm

Hmm wonder when someone is going to get around to designing a caseless suppressed pistol? I mean, heck, with the slide lock it’s a single shot weapon, there are some very good older designs that were single shot and the suppressor completed enshrouded the barrel, cutting down on OAL. In .22LR or .32 ACP they are actually pretty small.

Admin (Mike) August 3, 2010 at 10:24 am

I agree, caseless suppressed would be pretty slick!

Hawk July 25, 2010 at 12:09 am

If you read “No Remorse” by Tom Clancy, Kelly uses a .22-converted M1911 with a frame mounted on the side that holds a cloth bag to catch them. Kinda sounds like he was inspired by his lawn mower to me…

Ken July 25, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Well thought out. Must be a bitch to machine the barrel for the suppressor.Make sure you use subsonic ammo folks…lol.

Bill July 26, 2010 at 07:41 am

Should have placed this in Inception as the Leonardo was using a PX4 with a conventional screw in can.

Allen February 26, 2011 at 12:15 pm

I like how they used lower case m’s when they said 9mm but everything else was CAPS. Cool gun though.

Admin (Mike) February 26, 2011 at 12:17 pm

LOL yea.. I guess they figured they should try and keep it a bit classy in the midst of all the yelling.

Chris December 19, 2011 at 02:33 am

IM GOING TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS TOO, JUST B/C I THINK PEOPLE UNNECESSARILY GET THEIR PANTIES IN A WAD OVER IT

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO FINDS THIS CAN RIDICULOUSLY RETARDED? I MEAN SERIOUSLY….A SLIDE LOCK??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? IF I WERE AN ASSASSIN (ADMITTEDLY, I AM NOT) I WOULD CERTAINLY NOT WANT A SINGLE SHOT WEAPON. IN ADDITION, IF YOU THEORETICALLY KILL THE GUY…UH…WHY WOULDNT YOU JUST PICK UP THE SHELL CASINGS AFTERWARD? i MEAN HOW FAR CAN A SHELL REALLY GO ANYWAY? IT SEEMS TO ME (Ok typing in CAPS is kindof annoying I admit it) that it would be much less “risky” in terms of getting away with it to have the ability for multiple shots than a single shot with no casing.

David May 8, 2012 at 12:46 pm

How would said assasin know he’d shoot somewhere he can find his casings? He probably wouldn’t count on having a lot of time to look for it in the grass or under the furniture…

1138 June 3, 2012 at 01:11 pm

Locking the slide closed also reduces the mechanical noise which can be significant with a good suppressor and very light load. this applies more to .22s but some 9mm smgs(MP5SD) have been reduced to the point where the loudest noise comes from the bolt movement. This is clearly intended for a one target one shot scenario with a quick and clean exit. But if the shtf and your primary concern becomes survival than you have the option for semi with the flick of your finger and a rack of the slide.
I would just use an extra light load for the first(one reliably incapable of cycling the weapon). If it is difficult to find/make a load to do this or lacks necessary penetration I would use a stronger recoil spring and that should allow a hotter load while keeping the slide closed. All following rounds would be capable of cycling the action. This would remove the “flicking of the finger” and obviously less parts is generally more reliable; less to fail. Or you could just cut a hole in a large jacket pocket and point the suppressor out (you’d need to be pretty close for accuracy; think walking behind someone seated in a theater).

Michael May 4, 2013 at 07:31 pm

I was wondering how much a silencer for a 9mm 92 fs beretta cost

Mountain May 4, 2013 at 08:38 pm

THAT one is going to run you at LEAST $2k but most likely much much more.

Most cans are not host specific and will cost anywhere from about $400 to close to a grand. Check these out:
Thompsonmachine.net
libertycans.net
silencerco.com
advanced-armament.com

Find a dealer in your area (http://www.silencershop.com/support/ffl-finder) and get your feet wet.