– Action: single stage, bolt
– Power supply: 12V NiMH battery (fires about 15 times/charge)
– Charging: 40 watt regulated ZVS flyback driver (charge time ~30s)
– Capacitor bank: 4x 3900uF @ 400VDC
– Stored electrical energy: ~1.25kJ
– Switch: SCR
– Efficiency: unknown, probably 1-3%
– Body: lightweight ABS plastic pipe and sheets
Pretty cool design.
Word on the street is that he is working on a 1.21 Gigawatt version that is powered by a flux capacitor. I’m not holding my breath though.
More Pictures – HERE
Forum Discussion – HERE