Barska Jumped The Riflescope Shark

Ultimate combo is right…

Ha.. not bulky at all either! *sarcasm*

You just know all the high speed low drag operators worldwide have this exact $350 setup.

Just in case you thought I photoshopped it… the Barska site – HERE

Jeff June 30, 2011 at 12:30 am

lol, I’ve been seeing that in the ads … on your site actually! =P Barska’s not known for making quality optics so i guess looking tacticool is the best marketing ploy they can do

ENDO-Mike June 30, 2011 at 12:59 am

haha nice, I didn’t know they ran ads about that setup. Funny to hear that they appeared on this blog!

JWhite June 30, 2011 at 02:06 am

Holly crap! That setup totally matches my katana… *SOLD*

…*puke*

Ed June 30, 2011 at 02:55 am

My AR has a standard front sight block and an A1 rear sight. I can’t remove it without a screwdriver, and it is not adjustable without the sight tool. I know, I don’t understand how I manage to hit where I’m aiming with that setup either guys but I swear it works.

That one guy June 30, 2011 at 06:23 am

I see no low drag here. That crap is only increasing your drag :/

iron-sights and a flashlight on the end of the barrel is all i need. Adding all that stuff to your AR is the equivalent of getting braces on your teeth and forest gump-esque leg braces. Herpaderp. Times ten.

critter June 30, 2011 at 07:45 am

Moderation in all things. – Benjamin Franklin

Dillankid June 30, 2011 at 11:54 am

The man was a genius. Too bad Barska isn’t familiar with that quote…

That one guy June 30, 2011 at 05:15 pm

It’s funny because Benjamin Franklin was a suuuper heavy drinker.

Ed June 30, 2011 at 06:08 pm

All heavy drinkers are super. What are you getting at?

Sid June 30, 2011 at 08:27 am

There should be a flotation device installed in case the rifle falls into the water. And a GPS mounted on the front rail. Oh! Oh! And a compass in the stock.

jpcmt June 30, 2011 at 08:50 am

I’m just wondering when they’ll make one for my 10/22!!

mlk18 June 30, 2011 at 09:01 am

Hey now. I have this set up on my suppressed Buckmark for hunting ninjas after dark. Works like a dream and is only missing some type of taser or stun gun option.

The Man June 30, 2011 at 01:57 pm

You all realize that that laser’s been edited in, right? You can’t actually see lasers without smoke or stuff like that.

Josh June 30, 2011 at 05:25 pm

Are you serious?

That one guy June 30, 2011 at 05:27 pm

So it’s not edited in? O.o

Cameron June 30, 2011 at 08:13 pm

Clearly someone hasn’t used high powered lasers before.

My Dad’s got a green one, pretty high powered, with a visible beam. Also, watch this video.

Visible beam, no editing techniques.

Josh June 30, 2011 at 08:22 pm

Huh, I’ve never seen anything like that. Those lasers are about 100 times more powerful than the one advertised here though. Here’s another youtube video of a visible green laser; this one’s still 50 times as powerful as the one advertised.

overkill556x45 July 1, 2011 at 12:16 am

After having been deployed to Trashcanistan for the last year and having been forced to carry an M4 with ACOG and PEQ15 (fancy laser), I have vowed to only carry classic S&W revolvers and maybe a new model Win70 with a 3-9×40 Nikon and that’s it. Seeing this just makes me think the Army will rush to put something like that on the next guys’ weapons. Apparently heavier/more cumbersome=more tactical. And even the Army buys into that.

jpcmt July 1, 2011 at 01:06 am

Josh, The most basic 5mw green laser makes a visible beam in low light/dusk settings. Yes the picture is edited on the laser beam but you don’t need smoke to see a green laser. At night, the beam is as bright as the picture pretends to be.

Sid July 1, 2011 at 09:16 am

You sold a reverberating carbonizer with mutate capacity to an unlicensed cephalopoid, Jeebs, you piece of shit…

Alex B July 1, 2011 at 09:20 am

MEGA FAIL
the ejection port cover spring is installed incorrectly !

Michael B July 1, 2011 at 11:27 am

You know for $350, that would actually be good if it was spilt up in piece. The laser is almost $100 just on its own.

John July 1, 2011 at 03:40 pm

I really do need a scope to see down my sights so I can aim with my laser.

Antibubba July 3, 2011 at 06:55 pm

Green lasers are so last week. Gimme a blue laser.

travis t January 26, 2013 at 09:10 am

First of all you know it all guys dont have a clue what you are talking about if you are running this set up down… I have been in close and medium combat situations all my life in law enforcement and military and I know weapons as others know how to use a fork or spoon, and I have this exact tactical system on my M4 and it is one of the best Ive ever had. I dont not have it set up like this picture does, I have the light forward etc but these same items are on my weapon and it is the best. The long scope is a 1-3 x 30 for long range shots, the red dot works great for close quarters and the laser is a nice quick shot secondary site for 0-50 meters.

My point is before you look foolish running your mouths about something you know nothing about maybe get some experience and knowledge before you make yourself look stupid in front of the world that uses these things for a daily living!!! now I would not use this for the field as a grunt down range, that is nt the purpose of this set up but it works for urban defense like a charm.

one last thing for the guy that said barska doesnt make quality products… This scope is excellent and you have not a clue what you are talking about. I dont know about all of their scopes but this one is top of the line. I have had trijicons that I had to send in for repair and a leupold that never did get fixed right, so understand everything man made is going to break or have troubles , the name on it doesnt make it work.

Sid January 26, 2013 at 01:57 pm

Travis,

The Invasion of Panama (light infantry), Desert Storm (Bradley dismount), Bosnia (law enforcement support), and Operation Iraqi Freedom (MP officer).

Before you bloviate again, grow up. Or switch to decaf. How dare you accuse me or anyone else here of not knowing what the hell we are talking about. Read what you wrote will looking in a mirror.

Ounces = pounds and pounds = pain. In case you care confused, there is too much shit on this rifle for anything. The maximum effective range of the rifle is limited to THIS PLANET. It is a rifle, not a NASA signalling device.