Metal Slug In Real Life

The name sounded vaguely familiar… so I googled it and had a Neo Geo flashback!

Both the Neo Geo console and arcade games were so ahead of their time.  Then I got to thinking about how I used to also want a TurboGrafx 16.

I never owned either of those, but put in some major time on them at RadioShack during mall visits.

I see metal slug is available for basically every other system now too, but at least it still seems to be fairly true to it’s roots.

ozwald September 11, 2011 at 12:34 am

great, now i’m all nostalgic and stuff. i could have installed a puppet dictatorship in a central american country for the money i spent playing that…

Legacy September 11, 2011 at 01:59 am

Oh shit, here comes the nostalgia. I was god awful at this game, but did I have fun? Damn right I did. Moving on to the video though, very well done. Effects, timing, everything. I really like how the main guy didn’t try to do some goofy walk to help keep it at a steady pace.

Frank September 11, 2011 at 03:06 pm

Nostalgia here too.
Simply one of the better if not best renditions of crossing over games to real life and vice-versa. I did yearn for a tank or camel at some point. I think there should be more of these.

+1 to Ozwald, I was in the same boat until I installed an emulator. That game is also the reason I bought a PC game controller. I would have never done such for any other game.

cc19 September 12, 2011 at 10:49 am

Ah yes, the Neo Geo. State of the art and well ahead of its time. I knew two people who had them back then. One who bought his own with a McJob and another whose folks just got it for him. $600 dollar hardware with $200 dollar games. Guess which one turned out to be a douchebag?

Frank September 12, 2011 at 05:19 pm
ENDO-Mike September 12, 2011 at 05:24 pm

haha nice. I like how he straight disrespects the badguys with that glock.