Canon AR-15 Rifle

As I like to call it a “Modern Sporting Camera”

The shoulder support with that big of lens would probably be welcome!  The magazines could be extra batteries for those long shoots.

Just don’t take pictures or video of the cops doing something wrong using this thing.   It’s a definite way to get yourself shot.

Also, probably a touchy subject still.. but this is definitely not recommended for use in Baghdad where cameras already resemble AK-47s and RPGs.

Poppy September 23, 2011 at 02:07 am

I for one do not believe that the average citizen should own an assault camera. Such image capturing devices only belong on foreign battlefields.

We need to regulate the extent of civilian ownership in regards to this Ak-47 murder camera. I’m talking about only allowing one triple A battery to a device, putting locks on the SD card slot so that one cannot go on rampant “photo rampages,” getting rid of lens caps (they help the camera fire in full automatic bolt action mode), and removing the little twirly thing inside that spins the film for you. A civilian should have to re-cock the camera after every shot.

Please, lets ban together to protect our communities. Sign a petition that says “i don’t want this Tec-9 anti-tank assault battle evangelion Suzymiya camera in my neighborhood.” And if not for you, do it for our children’s sake.

LB September 23, 2011 at 02:13 am

^ ^ ^ genius .

Poppy September 23, 2011 at 02:17 am

You laugh now, just wait until some crazed, drunken, redneck, racist, tea-partier whips this thing out in a bar and starts shooting at you.

You’re gonna look awfully silly on Facebook.

Legacy September 23, 2011 at 01:02 pm

Oh god, that was absolutely brilliant.

ENDO-Mike September 23, 2011 at 01:13 pm

Poppy, you’re the best thing that emerged from the Rich Graham debacle!

Poppy September 23, 2011 at 02:03 pm

Well, the best thing BESIDES Rich Graham. I mean, lets not get carried away here.

Frank September 23, 2011 at 03:58 pm

We know you’re beside Rick Graham, and I’m sure you’re even using the same keyboard.

Poppy September 23, 2011 at 04:05 pm

Yep, it’s just like the pottery scene from Ghost.

Graham is guiding my hands as they type with his firm, masculine fingers. He’s the Patrick Swayze to my Demi Moore, sans the sex. It’s quite bromantic if I do say so myself.

Cameron September 23, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Sans the sex?

I call shenanigans.

Poppy September 23, 2011 at 11:13 pm

I assure you my fandom is 100% platonic.

RWC September 23, 2011 at 09:33 am
HerrBGone September 23, 2011 at 11:42 am

It needs some optics up on top. Maybe a red dot sight or other framing device. Better still would be a screen so the shooter can see his target. Or is that in the shoulder thing that goes up?

bigghoss September 23, 2011 at 12:15 pm

funny and cool but I’d prefer if they tried NOT to make it resemble a firearm.

Dion September 23, 2011 at 01:40 pm

I’m a pro-photographer and also a concealed carry permit instructor and think the concept could be cool if it were more of a mount for the camera rather than just a lens attached to it.

HerrBGone September 23, 2011 at 06:33 pm

The Russians already made one like that. It was called the Zenit PhotoSniper. Basically its a Browning Hi-power like pistol grip with the stock from a folding stock M1 Carbine. Mounted on top was a 300mm lens you could drive a T-62 tank over, mated to a typically dreadful Soviet 35mm camera.

Josh September 23, 2011 at 08:17 pm

The Russians already made one like that. It was called the Zenit PhotoSniper.

I think the concept has been around in some variation for a long time.

ENDO-Mike September 23, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Actually now that I think of it I’m pretty sure they have bush hawks (or similar) at Cabelas

HerrBGone September 23, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Here’s a nice all black Zenit PhotoSniper kit. (The one in my collection is grey with a black camera body.)

ENDO-Mike September 23, 2011 at 11:45 pm

That’s awesome

NateDogg September 23, 2011 at 07:32 pm

…. So, would this be the “Shoulder thing that takes Pictures”?

Rignerd September 24, 2011 at 07:37 pm

“Come and take it!”

HaXxen September 26, 2011 at 11:42 am

Great concept. I’ve tried a bushhawk and they work alright, but this would prob feel more natural to hold and shoulder.