The Raid – Trailer

This looks intense:

Deep in the heart of Jakarta’s slums lies an impenetrable safe house for the world’s most dangerous killers and gangsters. Until now, the rundown apartment block has been considered untouchable to even the bravest of police. Cloaked under the cover of pre-dawn darkness and silence, an elite swat team is tasked with raiding the safe house in order to take down the notorious drug lord that runs it.

Wow.. i’ll be seeing this one way or another.
 Foreign movies are so intense.

Miguel October 8, 2011 at 01:20 am

HO-LY SH-**!

bima86 October 8, 2011 at 01:21 am

cool, densus88 (Police – 88th Special Detachment) ?? looks like the boys back home made it to the wide screens, in this movie they’re busting some sort of drug cartel. but in reality they’re hunting down extremist religious group turned terrorist.. :D

Ernest Young October 8, 2011 at 06:56 am

Woah, nice martial arts too. What language is this going to be in?

Josh October 8, 2011 at 10:32 am

Indonesian, which is why I don’t think I’d be able to sit through it, even if I could find it here.

Poppy October 8, 2011 at 05:18 pm

Actually guys, the language of Indonesia is Bahasa Indonesian, which is a permutation of Malay, the language of Malaysia.

*Adjusts suspenders, pushes glasses up*

Gosh, everyone in my Dungeons and Dragons club knows this. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Josh October 8, 2011 at 08:07 pm

Right, so it’s Indonesian. And, it seems that the term you were looking for there would be “Bahasa Indonesia,” no “n” at the end.

Gosh

Poppy October 8, 2011 at 08:20 pm

Yeah, technically it is, but that’s not it’s name. And as an Indonesian-American I find your casual dismissal of my people’s language very offensive. It’s what we WANT to call it. But I guess that just shows the kind of racist, white-dominated society we live in.

And since I have no life I’m going to continue debating this issue even though I’m clearly overreacting.

Also, Hitler.

Josh October 8, 2011 at 08:29 pm

This Indonesian language resource calls the language “Indonesian.”

I guess you call it something different in Indonesia America… wherever the hell that is. But, as an American, I couldn’t care less if any real Indonesians are offended by my casual dismissal of their language.

Joni October 9, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Time for school

In “bahasa Indonesia”, the word “bahasa” simply means language, and is used as a identifier for formal speech, in Indo there is no “English” for example, simply “language of England”, correctly in Indo written “bahasa Inggris”. So forth, in America, you speak “bahasa Inggris”

Also as mentioned “bahasa Indonesian” is wrong, it’s “bahasa Indonesia” or to remove odd formalities, and assuming the context of speech is correct, you would just say “Indonesia” or “Indo” to ID the language.

OleWolf October 8, 2011 at 08:47 am

I’ve been a peacekeeper 30 years at the end of this month… watched Jack Webb doin’ his thing, One Adam 12 making us look like cookie-cutter mindless goody-two-shoes, finally the Hill Street precinct started getting it right. We’re just people in a rough profession we chose… if this movie follows the trend of movies getting more realistic I gotta retire.

joni October 8, 2011 at 10:18 am

saya mau monoton film. di mana film bermain di Amerika?

Poppy October 8, 2011 at 05:42 pm

GODAMMIT SPEAK AMERICAN!

Ernest Young October 8, 2011 at 05:44 pm

“American”….I think you mean English (unless you were being sarcastic)

Poppy October 8, 2011 at 05:55 pm

No, I mean AMERICAN! The language of REAL men, like George Washington and Chuck Norris. Not that sissy crap about tea and crumpets and shit.

It’s the language where we don’t add unnecessary “u”s into words and NEVER use the term “governor” unless referring to an actual, goddamn state governor.

It’s the language of real insults, like “Fuck-Face.” Unlike that “English,” where the most offensive words are “muppet” and “tosser.”

Ernest Young October 8, 2011 at 06:42 pm
CrunkleRoss October 8, 2011 at 11:48 am

Thanks for showing us the only good 1.62 minutes of a shitty foreign film. OleWolf can you imagine the paperwork after this?

Josh October 8, 2011 at 12:03 pm

That’s not fair – I’m sure that the entire rest of the movie is little more than what we just saw here. By that I mean all action, terrible acting (if you could even call it that), and little to no plot or storyline.

I’d prefer a movie that has good action, but also good acting, and a plot that is engaging. Off the top of my head, I think the Bourne movies were a good example. They had a good combination of everything. From the trailer, this movie looks like nothing but non-stop, over-the-top, ridiculous action. Even if it were in English, I think I’d pass.

Ernest Young October 8, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Now thats not fair, there are good foreign movies, us Americans are not the only people that can put together a good movie. Largo Winch was one of the best movies of all time, and its foreign. Same with Das Boot

Josh October 8, 2011 at 01:40 pm

I’m confused by your statement, because I never said anything to imply that I thought only Americans were capable of making good movies.

Matt G. October 8, 2011 at 02:07 pm

Holy fucking shit. Intense is the word. I might watch it if it shows up on Netflix.

Maigo October 8, 2011 at 02:36 pm

As long as they don’t slow it down with story, it might be fun

OleWolf October 8, 2011 at 03:20 pm

CrunkleRoss – the only paperwork would be titled “RETIREMENT”

SCOTUS told me I can shoot known martial artists since their hands, feet, knees, elbows, foreheads, noses, ears, glare (Chuck Norris) and… other… body parts are deadly weapons. These guys move so darn fast I’m not sure I could hit them… kind’a y?like the Matrix hey!? Long way since Cato from the Green Hornet TV show showed just how lethal hands and feet can be. As an aside- I thought this was the Hong Kong Special Police detachment at first. They’ve run busts riads like this…

Federale October 9, 2011 at 09:38 pm

Isn’t it easier to just burn it down?

Poppy October 9, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Yes, but then the movie would only be five minutes long and no-one would want to go see it.

Ted N June 1, 2012 at 02:15 pm

I’d pay to watch a building full of gangsters burn. I’d pay double if the fire escapes were all woodchipper inlets.

45er October 10, 2011 at 08:45 am

They showed pretty intense stuff just in the trailer. It would be worth a pizza and beer rental night for sure.

Critter October 11, 2011 at 09:15 pm

it might not even need subtitles.

Joe Untara October 16, 2011 at 11:15 am

Josh is right. “Indonesian” is the correct term for the language used by Indonesians. I’m Indonesian and live in Indonesia. Many expats here wrongly said “bahasa” to refer to Indonesian as they think “bahasa” means the language used by Indonesians. “Bahasa” means language. So that’s why we should add the name of the country after that word. For example “Bahasa Inggris” for English, “Bahasa Perancis” for French, “Bahasa Spanyol” for Spanish, and off course “Bahasa Indonesia” for Indonesian.

In English the correct word should be “Indonesian” not “Bahasa Indonesian” or “Bahasa”.