LEGO Lancer Assault Rifle – Gears Of War

I’ve been impressed with LEGO creations in the past, but I think this just set the bar even higher:

Tons more pics over at MocPages – HERE

Unbelievable that it even takes magazines that you load with rubber bands.  There must be some type of advanced LEGO CAD program for this complex of a project.  Trial and error just wouldn’t cut it.

If people were to start selling kits for projects like this and the LEGO predator they could probably make a decent living.

Vhyrus October 9, 2011 at 12:11 am

I am a 4th year mechanical engineering student and I am so impressed right now I could just explode with jealous rage. Theres no way I could come up with anything close to that (and I won the lego car drag race competition my first year!)

Poppy October 9, 2011 at 01:19 am

So what Calibre do you guys think the Lancer fires? I always thought it was either the 30-30 or 30-06.

Vhyrus October 9, 2011 at 01:36 am

10 mm explosive tip caseless. The mark of a true gentleman.

Aaron October 9, 2011 at 05:51 am

Yes, but only to be used if you’re not under the primary heat exchangers.

Heck, just take off, nuke the site from orbit… it’s the only way to be sure.

Josh October 9, 2011 at 06:41 pm

So what Calibre do you guys think the Lancer fires?

Didn’t you go off on a rant in another thread about speaking “American” as opposed to British English? Something about sissy tea and crumpets… And now you say “calibre”? You don’t seem to be sure what language you want to speak. And those leading 30’s need a decimal point in front of them as they represent the calibre[sic] of the round.

Poppy October 9, 2011 at 07:07 pm

I was using my Ipod for that comment, so blame spell-check, changes my words automatically. Makes calibur into calibre. I have to rewrite the word twice for it to stick. Pain-in-the-ass is what it is.

I’m also a very lazy person.

Josh October 9, 2011 at 07:09 pm

I’m not sure how “calibur” would have been better…

Poppy October 9, 2011 at 07:12 pm

Stop being mean to me!

*Crawls into corner and cries*

Josh October 9, 2011 at 07:15 pm

Stop being mean to me!

I can’t; it’s just something that must be done.

Josh October 9, 2011 at 07:13 pm

Aaron October 9, 2011 at 05:53 am

He calls it “gears of brick” why not “bricks of war???”

NateDogg October 9, 2011 at 09:00 am

I might be mistaken, but I believe the “Lego CAD” program is this: http://designbyme.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx?icmp=COCreateShareSpotlightUSDBM

Granted, it’s a little…..Kid-ish, but I’ve used an older version of this, and it was pretty killer. If the creator of this “Bricks of War” awesomeness was using any sort of 3D computer modeling program, I’d put my money on DesignByMe.

MAC21500 October 9, 2011 at 09:03 am

There is a LEGO CAD of sorts, its called Lego Digital Designer:

You can build whatever you want and buy it from them, and they even send it to you in its own box with a manual on how to build it.

Josh October 9, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I didn’t play with Legos a whole lot as a kid, but I remember them as being a bunch of rectangular blocks you stuck together to build things… there’s obviously been quite a Lego evolution that I (and I’m sure most other adults) am unaware of.

Encircled October 10, 2011 at 09:33 am

mmh, i don’t think building a toy like this is such a big deal. i mean, it’s just the most impressive thing i’ve seen in my life so far.