G.I. Joe: Retaliation – Trailer

I haven’t seen the first one (The Rise Of Cobra) yet, but I have to say this sequel looks entertaining… Specifically scenes starting at 2:05 and 2:29.

I love that song they remixed for the trailer, White Stripes – 7 Nation Army.  Full remix version – HERE (it’s got a dubstep feel to it)

Vhyrus December 21, 2011 at 12:06 am

It’s like… it’s like they’re having a shitty movie competition…. except the only losers are us.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, SEE THE FIRST MOVIE! It is easily the worst movie I have EVER seen…. and I own a Netflix account!

Will this movie suck? All Signs Point to YES!

Cayton December 21, 2011 at 07:47 am

Worst movie ever is a stretch. It was unrealistic (duh) and geared towards kids (duh), with over the top action. Was it my favorite movie? No. Was it the worst movie I’ve ever seen? Not by a long shot.

ExurbanKevin December 21, 2011 at 09:31 am

I turned it off halfway through.

And I was watching it for free on Netflix. I’d rather clean out my navel lint than watch it again.

Frank December 21, 2011 at 05:55 pm

Certainly it is not a movie one should pay for to watch (the first one), as it doesn’t seem to follow a decent portion of the GI JOE theme via the 80’s or even a visual representation of the toy line over the past 25 years.

With that said, is GI JOE bad and will I see this?
First no GI JOE is awesome, and second I will see this if someone pays for my movie ticket, otherwise I will wait until I can see it on cable.

cc19 December 21, 2011 at 11:10 am

This movie franchise blows.

STORMZ February 3, 2012 at 02:49 pm

You simply have no taste in movies G.I Joe was a masterpiece. it may not have all the up to date fan boy crap you love but its the story that matters and thats what any true fan will says from hir or her heart.

Maigo December 21, 2011 at 08:10 am

REAL actors with REAL names? Maybe it’ll even have REAL acting this time around.

overkill556x45 December 21, 2011 at 08:54 am

I didn’t care for the first one, since it was tuned down for the kiddos. Yes, it was a big dumb shooter, and the action fell flat because of the PG-13ization of it. This trailer looks more like the cartoons that I grew up watching. Over-the-top action and a big dumb political plotline that will boil down to: us good, them bad. That’s all it should be and all it has to be.

I still won’t go see it in theaters. Probably rent it for a dollar at RedBox though.

Josh December 21, 2011 at 08:56 am

I have infinitely more hope for this one than the first one. From what I’ve read, they kill off Channing Tatum pretty quickly, and then the Rock’s in charge!

Odysseus December 21, 2011 at 09:09 am

Firing the M2 from the hip while probably movie physics looked quite cool.

Mark December 21, 2011 at 10:14 am

You’ve never done that before?

*psshh* I do it all the time!

Ernest Young December 21, 2011 at 11:10 am

M2 Browning? You guys are wimps, get back to me when you can hip fire a Gua-8

Ernest Young December 21, 2011 at 11:11 am

I hate the remix, I feel like they’ve raped one of my favorite songs.

45er December 21, 2011 at 08:17 pm

dubstep feel? Man, that’s 100% dubstep. I love the original song, but I barely recognized it. Still, I like dubstep some, so yeah, it’s good. Great trailer. Hopefully we haven’t seen all the good parts now.

cmblake6 December 22, 2011 at 09:15 pm

I enjoyed the first one for the mindless entertainment value. If you rated this as a serious action film, what the hell was wrong with you in the first place? Come on, you thought this was going to be a serious movie?

cmblake6 December 22, 2011 at 09:21 pm

Personally, I’m going to enjoy that FOR the mindless entertainment value, The Rock, and Bruce Willis!

David Carr December 24, 2011 at 03:39 pm

I tried watching the first movie on netflix as well and had to stop some where in the middle. It was heinously bad.

McThag December 27, 2011 at 03:04 pm

Two words about the first movie.

ICE.