The Breakdown – Act Of Valor Scenes

HALO Jump:

UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle):

Pretty neat videos.  Seems like Richard Ryan is trying a bit harder now to be likable, which is nice to see.  He used to be pretty obnoxious.

I’d like to own, or at least play with a high-end UAV someday. HALO jumping, or skydiving in general I really have no desire to ever try.

Josh February 18, 2012 at 01:17 am

I’d rather do a HALO jump from an altitude requiring oxygen than play with a remote control airplane! Although it would be pretty badass to have a remote control plane with a camera on it like that.

Frank February 19, 2012 at 01:29 pm

+1.
This is exactly how I feel. HALO jumping would be a lot cooler than playing with something built from some government version of radio shack.

ENDO-Mike February 20, 2012 at 02:18 pm

I know what you guys mean, and a younger me would have agreed. However, even though the chance of dying in a skydiving accident is pretty small, it’s a risk i’d rather not take at this point in my life.

Josh February 20, 2012 at 09:43 pm

Younger you? At this point in your life? You’re at least a couple years younger than me, right? I’m a few weeks into being 32, and while it’s been a while since I’ve jumped out of an airplane, I wouldn’t hesitate to do it at my elderly age.

ENDO-Mike February 20, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I’m recently 30. What I meant by my previous comment, is that I spent way to long in University (12 years) to risk possibly dying or getting crippled over some 5 minute adrenaline rush. I would feel so cheated if that happened. I’d rather get my thrills on solid ground now haha.

Nick February 18, 2012 at 01:30 am

Skydiving is actually pretty damn awesome

Church February 18, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I dig it, he did a good job at not making the videos super boring and too long

Carl February 25, 2012 at 12:42 am

Well I am in my 9th year of university with 3 more to go then residency. I also have about 150 jumps! It has been one of the most liberating adventures I have ever embarked on and it is still ongoing. However, if you are going to enjoy skydiving you have to want to attempt it. It’s similar to firearms, if someone already has decided before they learn about them that they are going to hate them, you can never change their mind. Most of the fun things in life are like that!

Josh February 25, 2012 at 01:20 am

Well I am in my 9th year of university…

What the hell is going on here? “In university”? Is everybody suddenly European?

Carl February 25, 2012 at 02:21 pm

I was just using the term that Mike was using. “I have been attending a facility of higher education for 9 years now.” Better?