$169 10mm Handgun – Hi-Point Conversion

The gun store guys converted a Hi-Point (likely a .40) to shoot 10mm:

Seems to work damn good. ┬áCan’t really beat it for the price.

I’m sure this modification will catch on in the hood, because 10mm kills mo’ bettah!

They never mentioned if they were doing the conversions in their shop or not, but if you’re interested i’d suggest giving them a call.

El Duderino April 24, 2012 at 12:32 am

Cool. Where’s my 9×25 Dillon conversion barrel? :)

Feargal April 24, 2012 at 01:10 am

They seem to miss the target quite a bit ….

Jackyl357 April 24, 2012 at 02:21 am

I am no good on steel either. So I really cant knock them.

Jeep April 24, 2012 at 02:23 am

I guess they are pretty good gunsmith, but damn! they have to stop posting videos where they are shown shooting. Or edit/cut them a bit. They talk like they are gun experts and “we’ve already seen all what can be done with firearms” and stuff and can’t shoot 10 rounds in the target? Come on.

TheRealDave April 24, 2012 at 02:21 pm

Maybe they are comfortable being “pretty good gunsmiths” and not too worried about your opinions on their marksmanship.

Matthew September 10, 2012 at 02:00 am

Game programmers are often lousy at games.
Where is the clause that a gunsmith has to be an awesome shootist.
How about a blacksmith. How many swordsmiths were world renowned warriors?

Those who make things are not the best at using them. After all. They spend their time taking the weapon apart and playing with the internals than playing on the range.

Sivl32 April 24, 2012 at 02:58 am

was that bullet just loaded in short? casing was long, bullet head looked very short

Sivl32 April 24, 2012 at 03:00 am

nvm, commented before i finished watching it.

overkill556x45 April 24, 2012 at 09:13 am

Given that Hi-Point pistols explode more frequently than Glocks, I’m not sure I would trust the metallurgy to stand up to 10mm pressures. At the top end, 10mm pushes around 5000psi more than 40S&W. Seems like a cheap, cool toy. Until you go to the ER to have your face sewn back on.

Crystal Newman April 24, 2012 at 11:03 am

Yep… exactly my thoughts. I like my hands! wanna keep ‘em!

Fuzzy April 24, 2012 at 03:06 pm

If a Hi-Point can shoot a carriage bolt out of the barrel without exploding, I don’t think a 10mm will be a problem. Look on YouTube for the Hi-Point torture test. I can’t think of another pistol that would survive what they put it through.

Alan July 27, 2012 at 04:04 pm

Maybe you should check out their other videos. They already did torture tests on a Hi-Point and the only way they could get it to explode would have made ANY firearm explode.

Michael Harris April 17, 2013 at 11:59 am

Hi Points are waaaay overbuilt. These same guys tried to destroy one by loading some ridiculously hot loads through one. Some so hot they triggered it by wire remotely. The gun ate everything they threw at it. They only succeeded when they put a bolt in the end of the pistol and fired it. Even then the barrel just bulged if I recall correctly.

crazed April 24, 2012 at 09:19 am

just because it fits is not a good enough reason to try it. Didnt they make a video of people buying the wrong ammunition?

spencer wade April 24, 2012 at 09:57 am

I usually have 10 inches of pentration and good expansion aswell. IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Weer'd Beard April 24, 2012 at 11:06 am

The ammo they shot was worth more than the gun.

DonovanM April 24, 2012 at 11:37 am

A Milspec Monkey fan… Why am I not surprised.

And 10″ of penetration doesn’t meet the FBI minimum standard, LOL.

TheRealDave April 24, 2012 at 02:27 pm

I was also surprised at the getlatin results.

PhilaBOR April 25, 2012 at 11:22 am

Does it meet the Secret Service standard?
;-)

Jwhite April 24, 2012 at 06:53 pm

‘What do you think Barry?”

Well.. I’ll tell ya what I think.. hiPoints are shit. Always shit. And forever shit. Ghetto/Saturdaynight specials. *eye roll*

dave w April 24, 2012 at 07:49 pm

I do remember seeing them trying to destroy that hipoint, it took a LOT of abuse. It went from ‘watch us blow up this cheap gun’ to ‘what can we try next other than welding the barrel closed’

Ron H May 5, 2012 at 06:59 pm

I guess there will always be gun snobs. All I know is I can generally out shoot most others at the range with my Hi Point 40. I also have a Smith & Wesson Sigma 40 and I like the Hi Point better.

Crunkleross May 7, 2012 at 07:17 am

It’s not so much their marksmanship as their desire to shoot faster than their skill will allow them to hit with much regularity.

ken September 14, 2012 at 09:40 pm

i bet if that bullet didn’t catch that table it would of went into the gel further

tom November 28, 2012 at 10:30 am

how or were can I buy the conversation for the hi point carbine to make it a 10mm or buy one already converted I need one that is California legal.

kscott January 4, 2013 at 06:15 am

has anyone that negatively commented on the hi-point actually owned and shot one? if not stfu!

Alan January 4, 2013 at 10:36 am

I have never seen anyone with a legitimate failure of a hi-point. They couldn’t possibly sell a gun that was a danger to the shooter and stay in business for 20 years.

jeff October 26, 2013 at 08:09 pm

how was the conversion done?

Bob March 13, 2014 at 03:06 pm

I own a 40 HP and it is nothing but good. I also have Sig Sauer and S&W 40 and they don’t do any more than my HP, except cost 4 or 5 times more. I wish I knew enough to convert my 40 to 10mm, sweet.

Jimk November 24, 2014 at 05:52 am

Come on now, A freakin’ Hipoint??!! it looked like he was holding a gun they confiscated from a “Cops” episode!! Why would you they go through all this BS to make an operational 10MM semi-auto that looks that fugly!! Where is the marketability. They should have definitely started with a frame that takes a double stack magazine. If I was the owner of this shop i would be pissed that these guys wasted time on something that would never sell.