Judge Dredd 3D Slow Motion Taking Out The Trash

Not For those with a weak stomach. Everyone else, fire up in 1080p:

The trailer if you haven’t already seen it:

This movie is in theaters now, and from what I’m told it sounds like it’s really badass.

Good use of La Roux – In For The Kill in the trailer video.

Anyone else want to throw a confirmation of badassness in?

Hat tip: Nathan

Anton September 26, 2012 at 01:38 am

Yes, seen it already as our release date didn’t shift. It’s very badass

Anton September 26, 2012 at 01:47 am

I was actually thinking of Killing me Softly when I thought about the release date moving, which I have also seen and is also badass.

Saxon September 26, 2012 at 02:11 am

Did the world need another Judge Dredd movie? Was not one too many?

elephantrider September 26, 2012 at 04:31 pm

The first movie was utter shit and had little to do with the actual Judge Dredd comics. This one is decent to pretty good and follows the original concept of the comic series pretty closely.

Rickenbacker September 26, 2012 at 05:16 am

I thought Judge Dredd had much better aim than that… Let’s hope he doesn’t take the helmet off quite as much as Stallone did, though.

Linoge September 26, 2012 at 05:32 am

Honestly, the movie was not bad. I might even go so far as to quantify it as “good”.

And so far as I can recall, we never saw Karl Urban’s entire face, not even once. He actually did a pretty decent job acting with only the lower third of his face, though his emotions boiled down to, “peeved”, “annoyed”, “pissed off”, and “I’m going to kill you now”, so it may not have been that hard to begin with.

Kevin September 26, 2012 at 07:09 am

Looks awesome, I just hate when gun reports are so quiet in movies; they need to make it so loud it just fucks your ears up.

Greyman September 27, 2012 at 09:31 am

Might have just been where I was sitting in the theatre but I remember the Dark Knight Rises gunfire to be noticeably louder then most other movies I have seen.

adam September 26, 2012 at 07:27 am

looks to me like raid redemption but they called it judge dread lol

bima September 26, 2012 at 09:14 am

my reaction to it >> http://tinyurl.com/bpeypur

and why was the blood all glittery and stuff ??

FlynnCastle September 26, 2012 at 09:44 am

The first Dredd film was a very poor interpretation in my opinion. I haven’t seen this yet but it looks closer to the source material to me.

elephantrider September 26, 2012 at 04:32 pm

You are correct. The creators of Judge Dredd said they were pretty happy with this film incarnation of teh character.

bbmg September 26, 2012 at 11:46 am

Glorifying paramilitary law enforcement against drug users doesn’t seem to be the best premise.

Also, looks a lot like a sci-fi version of The Raid:

Mark September 26, 2012 at 02:05 pm

That was my first thought. As badass as the movie might be, the concept is a HORRIBLE one. The real life drug war is bad enough.

elephantrider September 26, 2012 at 04:36 pm

Although the drug story line may be new to the movie, the judge, jury, executioner concept of Judge Dredd is part of a dystopian future concept that goes back 30+ years.

bbmg September 26, 2012 at 11:58 pm

No doubt the character predates “The Raid”, I was referring to the fact that going by the trailer it would seem they main characters have to storm a multi level tower block controlled by a powerful overlord in this particular film, which is also the premise of the Indonesian movie.

sdog September 26, 2012 at 04:56 pm

yea…..too bad the judge dredd character was invented in 1976

Poppy September 26, 2012 at 04:26 pm

I think this is the only case where calling a law enforcement officer “Captain Fascism” would be justified.

Church September 26, 2012 at 05:42 pm

I’m looking forward to this movie but I freaking hate 3d. I hope they have a non 3d edition in theatres.

dave w September 26, 2012 at 10:29 pm

agreed, 3d sucks.

Fake Chris September 27, 2012 at 06:29 am

If you can’t find a non-3d showing, get 2d glasses- http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e9b4/
It’s basically the same as 3d glasses, just with two ‘right eye’ lenses. Thus killing the 3d effect.

Dave September 27, 2012 at 04:41 am

Something worth pointing out, the Judge Dredd comics are a pretty vicious, tongue-in-cheek satire of fascism. In the Dredd universe, the judges are the necessary byproduct of a system that doesn’t work. It’s like a science fiction Ouroboros; a snake eating its own tail. The movie makes a few references to this notion, but they’re pretty easy to miss.

GLAWK September 27, 2012 at 09:35 am