Moss Pawn Professional Gun Trolls

Also known as Iraqveteran8888 on YouTube, and who I refer to as “The Gun Store Guys”:

Yea that is their sign.  I jacked the pic from a recent GunWebsites video, where the guy went there to check the store out.

I just think it’s funny for all the bitching bitching they do about regular “sporting” firearms NOT being “assault weapons”, they go and put it on their sign.  It may not have been Barry and Eric’s decision though, because as far as I remember they just work there and don’t actually own the store.  You’d think they would have told their boss it was lame to put “Assault Rifle” on the sign though regardless.

Jesse October 29, 2012 at 12:54 am

Meh, its marketing. For all the rhetoric, people are typically just looking to make a buck. In terms of being politically correct by 2A groups it may show the weakness in vilifying words, though Semi-Automatic Rifles could have gave them the same effect.

Andy Wolf October 29, 2012 at 12:56 am

Mike, remind me not to send them a Christmas card this year. They are off the list.

Prince December 22, 2016 at 10:22 am

Way over priced on everything…..Absolutely the worst and bad attitude. Adventure Sports, Marietta Georgia

dave w October 29, 2012 at 01:07 am

Probably not enough space on the sign for “semi automatic rifle that is no more dangerous than a pretty wooden stocked deer rifle but is made of black plastic and looks a like a military issue weapon”

Rob C. October 29, 2012 at 05:51 pm

Yup. “Military-Style Semi-Automatic Rifle” doesn’t fit as well on a sign, and like it or not, when you say “assault rifle” everyone knows what you’re talking about.

Linoge October 29, 2012 at 06:30 am

Hey, they might actually sell fully-automatic rifles.

Otherwise, they are just tools.

Heath October 29, 2012 at 09:53 am

bitching bitching?

James Patrick October 29, 2012 at 12:21 pm

It’s called sarcasm.

sancto October 29, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I think they’ve said before that a high percentage of their customers are not highly educated in regards to firearms (and other things too), coming in asking how to register their granddaddy’s shotgun, looking for “clips” for their “fo fi”, not knowing what kind of ammunition they need, etc….

Basically, the target audience for that sign is not the same as their target audience on YouTube.

Church October 29, 2012 at 02:05 pm

Thanks Mike, just when I thought I couldn’t hate them anymore you find this little gem.

Crunkleross October 29, 2012 at 02:12 pm

I could use this as a topic for a gun gripe video.

Anon October 29, 2012 at 07:14 pm

After all of their obnoxious gun-gripes videos, I wouldn’t give them the time of day let alone my business.

Andy Wolf October 29, 2012 at 08:45 pm

Never trust a pawn shop. They smell like cosmoline and broken dreams.

Cargosquid October 31, 2012 at 06:29 am

At least they said “assault rifle” and not “assault weapon.”

Gunguy325 December 3, 2012 at 03:15 pm

There store is in the hood. They need all of the “assault rifles” that they can get.

Omar Johnson June 14, 2017 at 12:20 am

What’s up Chad , what’s up Eric I’m a big fan of. 45’S and. 357 magnums and being ex military I’m always comfortable with a model 1911 or Ruger P97 and for 357 magnums it’s gotta be the model 686 and the Colt King Cobra with a six inch barrel let me know when you’re gonna have a show on .45’S and .357 magnums