Tactical Sleep Mask

Made of tactical, black, and infused with Z’s:

Tactical-Sleep-Mask

The reviews seem to be mixed… some say it’s the best thing ever, and some say it lets in too much light.  For only $10 over at Amazon it might be worth a try though if you’re in the market for something like this.

I for one much prefer pitch black, than even a bit of light in the room… but if I’m tired enough it really doesn’t matter.  Apparently operators in operations use these things, but I can not confirm that.

I’ll probably put mine on and hang upside down from the roof, field stripping my Glock over and over again while heavy metal music is on to try and distract me.  The usual gun blogger type ops…

Thoughts?  Anyone try this particular mask?

Hat tip: Matt

10 COMMENTS - JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD YOUR OWN

Phoenixnfa January 14, 2013 at 02:17 am

Are…are you asking us if a sleep mask is worth buying???

Slow news day?

NOTHING about the gun rights day next weekend? ( or did I miss that post?)

ENDO-Mike January 14, 2013 at 02:19 am

There hasn’t been a slow news day since I started this blog in 2009, I’m one guy, I do what I can.

Phoenixnfa January 14, 2013 at 02:19 am

And no, it isn’t worth buying. How am I supposed to clear my house with a sleep mask on?
If you sleep with your eyes closed, it’s dark. Also, no sugars or caffeine after 7.

A2 January 14, 2013 at 06:02 am

This would be a great sleep mask for those people who don’t have eyelids.
My eyelids seem to be working fine, but if they ever stopped, I would definitely consider stealing this mask from a store.

567 January 14, 2013 at 07:22 am

I bought one of these and liked it so much I bought a spare. Good for flights when they don’t dim the lights. It is not perfect, it will leave some space around the bridge of the nose if you have a large nose (like me) but it does block a lot of the light. The good part of the design is that you can blink without your eyelashes scratching against the material. For the cost, give it a try.

Crunkleross January 14, 2013 at 06:30 pm

What is this sleep of which you speak?

mandingo January 14, 2013 at 08:35 pm

I think it is phenomenal.

Greyman January 14, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I bought one for night shifts where I get home at 8AM and have to sleep. It lets in a little bit of light around my nose. but it helps to just darken things a bit so I dont have light creeping when i close my eyes.

Chris January 16, 2013 at 06:23 pm

I bought one during my last deployment. It does it’s job and is comfortable all night/day. As stated above it does let in a little light around the nose. I would buy it again.

Mike W January 19, 2013 at 01:20 am

I used one of these while on deployment, when staying in open bay barracks, on flights, and when I worked night work and my wife didn’t. Honestly, best sleep mask for the money. Not overly tight or anything, and the space over the eyes allows you to wake up a bit before you take it off.