Active Shooters Gonna Shoot

You on the other hand can roll the dice and hopefully not die:

Kids-Scissors1:53 – Overpower the shooter with some scissors or other weak shit because you’re a dumbass without a gun.

I’m not sure why they decided to re-cut Run Hide Derp, a video they funded last year.  Anyone have any idea?

Thoughts?  Are you growing more comfortable with gun free zones? (ha!)

13 COMMENTS - JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD YOUR OWN

Chase Cullinan February 1, 2013 at 06:39 am

If the capt of my University’s police dept sends this out to the whole campus like he did with Run, Hide, Fight, I’m gonna lose my shit! Run, hide, fight made my blood boil. I just emailed him regarding the video and ended with an FPS Jokesta quote “As always, Have Nice Day.”

Cameron February 1, 2013 at 06:48 am

Every time I see these videos I think… wouldn’t it make more sense for me to have a concealed firearm? Sure, if I’m in the lobby while the dude unloads I’m probably out of luck either way, but in any other scenario it sure beats a pair of tactical assault scissors.

Nakedgun February 1, 2013 at 02:54 pm

EXACTLY! Don’t bother to touch-on what a legally-armed person might do… Though, there are a ton on considerations for a legally-armed citizen who is not in uniform (like still providing intel to LE, and not getting mistaken for the suspect upon arrival of LE, level of training/competency, etc.).

When I’m off-duty, my first priority would be the safety of family/friends, then providing intel/confronting suspects).

I’ve seen some writing about LE thoughts on engaging active-shooters that seems to promote the idea of the first Officer on-scene charging-into the building alone to stop the threat… But, I have spoken with some fellow tactical guys and it makes more sense to us to have at least two Officers (to be able to use radios, cover each other during re-loads, etc.)

This video was an upgrade over the first “Cower-and-pray” one they put out…

The Other Dave February 1, 2013 at 05:28 pm

Actually that brings up a good point that the government would never do unfortunately. A solid video on what to do if you are armed and there is an active shooter. Everyone is making a big to-do about the guy who actually tried to respond to the Giffords shooting, but from a public safety standpoint it’s pretty unfair since no guidance on best practices for armed citizens has ever been issued.

Basically half of America doesn’t want to acknowledge that there are people that wanna defend themselves and not be a corpse for the cops. The other half of the equation is DHS’ lawyers would never release something like this because they are too afraid for their own agency. They would rather just see people cower and die.

vick February 2, 2013 at 09:51 pm

ABC made this garbage regarding CCW

vick February 2, 2013 at 09:42 pm

Or a hi-capacity assault stapler!

The Other Dave February 1, 2013 at 10:41 am

Hahaha. I’m laughing because my friend actually worked for the company that made this video and it’s in the building he works in.

M-cameron February 1, 2013 at 04:06 pm

so rock beats scissors…

paper beats rock….

and apparently scissors beats gun……good to know.

Frank February 1, 2013 at 04:28 pm

@ Endo-Mike,

Keep posting things similar to this video, as it lets regular people know the government has no problem with them dying, while they (the government) get to waste massive amounts of money playing janitor.

If only there were more articles on politicians trying to ban private sales:

From the article: “It [the new laws these douchebags want to pass] would, in effect, give a legal incentive (in the form of criminal punishment) for private sellers to conduct thorough background checks before making their sales. Such a policy could also create a disincentive for straw purchasers: those people with clean records who buy firearms to transfer to those prohibited from owning one.

Saxon February 1, 2013 at 07:27 pm

There was a program on TV a few years ago called Surviving Disaster, there was an episode about what to do if you find yourself in an active shooter situation. The advice was to run and get out of dodge asap, not hiding or playing dead. This shit is retarded. If you cant carry a firearm with you, find a loophole for some sort of ranged weapon. In some states, blackpowder weapons arent legally firearms.

Kevin February 1, 2013 at 09:32 pm

Like others have stated here I don’t see how the fuck anyone could possibly successfully argue that having a gun would exacerbate this situation in anyway. If I were in a situation like this and didn’t have a gun I’d be other the door the second I heard the first pop, be it a book dropping or a gun shot, I’m out.

sapper911 February 2, 2013 at 05:00 pm

So i should hide like a little bitch, then if he sees me i should grab scissors commit suicide. Thanks for the help!!!

Steve D. February 3, 2013 at 06:20 pm

How to get on Obama’s DHS shit-list…

“Great video. Very Helpful!
Which brand of scissors are good for self-defense? …Are Scotch brand any good, or should I spend extra and get Fiskars?
The video didn’t specify if I should attempt to stab the gunman or throw the scissors at him and run away. I’d like your advice. Thanks!”

Troller’s gotta troll. :D