With a song even:
The list in question:
- Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
- Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
- Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
- Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
- If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
- Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
- Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
- Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
- Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
- Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.
ENDO rape prevention list:
- Shoot rapist.
Girls please just Keep Calm And Carry One, that’s the best measure. I actually really don’t see why there was such a big deal made about the original list, besides the fact that rape is understandably a touchy subject. As far as I can tell, the point of the list was basically “get away, or try and stop it by grossing your attacker out.” I remember hearing tips like that for years and although I don’t pretend to know the dynamics of that type of situation, it seems to me like a woman’s options are quite limited if they are not armed.