For The Record: Gun Control

Taking a look at the Demand A Plan scam:

MAIG-Demand-A-Plan-To-End-Gun-ViolenceYea exactly.  This guy know what’s up.  I know the painting looking video after effects are his “thing”, but it’s obnoxious. :P

He has another video called Guns Are Good which is also worth watching.

Poppy March 12, 2013 at 12:08 am

Oh God, not Molotov. I can’t fuckin’ stand this guy. He makes good points occasionally, but he’s one of those blue-collar elitist conservatives that thinks universities are the devil and scientists are out to get us.

Greg March 12, 2013 at 10:56 am

Isn’t this guy an uber-Christian homophobe? He’s anti-science too?

What a winner…

Poppy March 12, 2013 at 08:02 pm

Listen Mike, this guy is a piece-of-shit bigot. He may have made one good point in relation to firearm’s law, but he is not the person we should try to associate with the movement. We already have the media and public at large thinking gun owners are a bunch of Christian, red-neck , anti-government racists. We don’t need make them think that we’re homophobes and creationists as well.

It will only hurt our cause and, honestly, we don’t need Molotov’s help. He hasn’t said anything that much more qualified, respectable and progressive people have already said.

ENDO-Mike March 12, 2013 at 08:58 pm

Yea? I’m only familiar with the two gun related vids.

Poppy March 12, 2013 at 11:44 pm

He has a bunch of videos out where he advocates shit that would make any sane person cringe.
Here are a select few examples.

Here Molotov claims that Obama wasn’t born in the United States: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGeYRuq5ejI&list=PL3D73D8B8B5B46DBF&index=3

Here he talks about how, without Christianity, we’d still be living in caves and eating each other (he literally says that):

Here he claims that Obama is a Muslim. He also criticizes Obama for having the audacity of being “pro-sodomy,” whatever that means: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1p4vsCiCg4&list=PL3D73D8B8B5B46DBF&index=24

Here he gets all pissed that we have a separation of Church and State: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6R5C9ntfl8&list=PL3D73D8B8B5B46DBF&index=81

Here he says that no one should ever go to college because it’s a scam that serves no purpose beyond wasting money: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_YLrSr2p0

Here’s my favorite. Molotov thinks that it’s okay to make homosexuality a capital offense because doing so would be both moral and biblical. I know this has become a TLDR post, but you should definitely watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCijndSCJzs

Molotov is a piece of shit, someone we should all try to distance ourselves from.

DaveP. March 12, 2013 at 09:20 pm

Yep- we’ll get more support for Second Amendment issues out of gay rights activists then we will out of the Religous Right. Why, just look how sucessful gun rights issues have been in San Francisco, as compared to Texas… oh wait.

Greg March 12, 2013 at 09:54 pm

Texas doesn’t need reaching out to.

Poppy March 12, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Exactly. One of the reason’s why we have such a hard time reaching out to the more liberal and moderate parts of the country is because the gun community is perceived to be very extreme. And people like Molotov help to reinforce that view.

We don’t need to worry about reaching out to Texans, Christians or Right Wingers, we already have them covered, but we can’t say the same of other demographics. We should try to be more inclusive and avoid the promotion of ideals or people that are anti-gay, “Christian supremacist,” or bigoted overall.

Greg March 12, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I think the most important thing I can offer is that responsible gun ownership stretches across many demographics. Let’s find ways to continue to broaden its appeal. Let’s make it so that the public doesn’t think that people like Molotov are indicative of what “gun owners” are like.

He’s just a bigot who happens to own a gun.

Poppy March 12, 2013 at 11:48 pm

This guy gets it. A+

DaveP. March 13, 2013 at 12:53 pm

So hey- you keep on ‘reaching out’ to the Pride Parade, and I’ll keep on being a Christian. And it’s okay, because I know that it’ll gall your ass so hard knowing that YOU depend on MY votes for YOUR Second Amendment.
Keep up the whine, though.

cymbalta cheapest price April 21, 2014 at 02:57 am

I’m not easily impressed but you’ve done it with that posting.

Sid Sliger March 19, 2013 at 06:28 pm

STOP CUSING it is not helping you make your point just showing your disregard for others

Poppy March 19, 2013 at 07:13 pm

Well that was kinda the point. I WANTED to show disrespect for others, particularly Molotov.

As for the cussing… piss, shit, fuck, titties, Barbara Streisand. If you think my argument is suddenly invalid because I like to pepper my speech with expletives then I don’t know what to say. Maybe that you should grow up and actually put forth some legitimate criticisms?

Luke March 12, 2013 at 01:10 am

Wait… did he say that NICS checks aren’t done for long gun sales? Ahh… wrong.

Ghostalker March 12, 2013 at 04:07 am

He *might* have been referring to private sales specifically. In which I can sell a long gun privately without NICS but I cannot transfer a handgun privately.
But I hate watching this video with its out dated information anyhow <_<

PhoenixNFA March 12, 2013 at 09:04 am

Some states are different. Texas treats all title 1 firearms the same.

matthew james March 12, 2013 at 01:32 am

Great video!

Keep ’em coming! Love the variety.

James P March 12, 2013 at 02:46 am

That’s cool that they’re offering free classes though.

Jer March 12, 2013 at 03:17 am

The AWB lacks bipartisan support and is dying.

And I really have no issues with stiffer penalties for illegal gun sales.

elephantrider March 12, 2013 at 03:25 am

“Come on man, I’m a 2nd amendment proponent ans supporter, but you’re totally ignoring the fact that most states don’t require a background check for private party gun sales.”

Is that private party sales or just private party long-gun sales? And if it is just the latter, how many of those firearms wind up in the hands of criminals and/or used in crimes?

Caleb March 12, 2013 at 10:34 am

I vote for less of the paint-video guy and more Olivia Munn.

jack March 12, 2013 at 11:33 am

the only plan i demand is one the results in Olivia Munn in my rack. I take advice from celebs on guns as seriously as i take financial advice from rock stars.

elephantrider March 12, 2013 at 05:00 pm

That chick is fugly. Just look at that man-jawline in that picture. I don’t get what all the fuss is about her.

032125 March 12, 2013 at 05:55 pm

Yes, very sharp knees.

elephantrider March 12, 2013 at 08:33 pm

Sharp knees and a not so hot face.

032125 March 12, 2013 at 09:56 pm

And a freckle on her right scapula.

Austin March 12, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Could we PLEASE remove MSNBC and WND off the face of the planet? That would really make my day.

Church March 12, 2013 at 02:36 pm

Great video in my opinion. And here is PA you don’t go through a background check to purchase a rifle or a shotgun. Just for handguns.

M March 12, 2013 at 08:47 pm

Are you sure that you’re not confusing the 10-day waiting period with a background check?

Every time that I have purchased a long gun I have been required to fill out a “Dealers Record of Sale” form, and the vendor calls the ATF to clear my name for the sale. It doesn’t take long for the ATF to type your social security number into the search box and hit enter.